Chicago Nov 4th (Monday) - 6 PM (The Gage)

I will be in town that night and if anyone would like to get togethers and share some winos. Thanks.

November 4th, 2019 Offline
6 PM
The Gage
24 S Michigan Ave,
Chicago, IL 60603

Attendees:

1. Andre Mulyono - 2009 Dom Perignon
  2. Scott McDonald - 2013 Heresztyn-Mazzini Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Champonnets
  3. Adam Caldwell - 2008 Philippe Leclerc Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Cru Combes aux Moines, and 2010 Aurelien Verdet Nuits St. Georges 1er Cru Aux Boudots
  4. Keith Akers - 08 Dublere Volnay Tailepieds and a 12 Dhondt-Grellet Le Bateau Extra-Brut
  5. Bobby Brinckman - 15 Bichot Les Rugiens 1er Cru
  6. Patrick Rauber - 2012 Aubry Brut Ivoire et Ebene and 2006 Domaine Marquis d’Angerville Volnay 1er Cru Les Fremiets
  7. Clifton Dong - 2005 Geantet-Pansiot Gevrey-Chambertin en Champs
  8. Andrew Moldenhauer

I should be available, Andre.

I should be around as well if your looking for another. Feel free to hit me up.thx. Adam.

Scott, Adam,
That’s awesome. Looking forward to meet both of you.

Scott and Adam, do you have any suggestion for the restaurant/venue? TIA.

I believe The Bristol ( Menus — The Bristol ) offers free corkage on Mondays. If you want someplace downtown, I might be able to get corkage waived at The Gage.

I like both of those spots. I live north side in Logan Square but can meet anywhere.

Both sounds great Scott.
If the Gage could allow free corkage that would
be awesome.

Scott & Adam, what time do we want to meet at the restaurant?
Any suggestion for theme?
Thanks.

Hi Andre, I am flexible on time, I work from home. So I can do whenever-4pm-9pm or anywhere in between. My collection is weighted to Piedmonte and Burgundy, but I am open to others. I am happy to pick up a couple bottles of another region or higher level if needed. Excited to meet up. I am trying to get 1 other nice and experienced wine guy to join us as well will let you know. Also, feel free to send me a DM if you want to move convo to text.

Hi Andre,

I would love to join up as well. My personal preference would be towards the Bristol as that is like a 5-10 minute walk from me, but I’m also more than fine with the Gage if Scott can get corkage waived.

Cheers

Awesome Keith!
The more the merrier [cheers.gif]

I’ll make a reservation at The Gage, if they’ll waive corkage for us.

What time works best for you?

6 pm would be ideal, but I would do my best to be there by 5.30 if everyone are prefer earlier start.

Thank you Scott for doing the legwork to book the restaurant.

I’m open on time. ac

If we’re doing a 5:30 start, I’ll probably have to leave around 7ish for some Champagne Happy hour second session at Pops😁

Or, if we have a 7/7:30 start, I can buy tickets for all of us to imbibe for the first session

What time would you prefer that I make the reservation for, Keith?

Any time works for me. I’d say earlier as that’s what Andre prefers

I should have 1 more person to join us as well. Have we decided on what to drink ? Should we pick a theme and range of wines ?

We have a 6:00 reservation for 5 people. Corkage has been waived.