NYC Grand Cru Burgs Dec 30th FULL. PLEASE POST WINES

After enjoying another great NY gig on Monday albeit having to trudge through a nasty storm realized it might be worth a shot to see if we can squeeze a second dinner this month. Some like myself are ok with 2 in a month, and if others aren’t no worries there were folks that had to cancel last time and others who were unavailable. So lets give it a shot, and if I can gather a gang of 6 will make the trek into the city.

I hope that at least several of the folks from the last two dinners can join and certainly would love to have others with a maximum of 10 people. As with the previous dinners we are bringing great wines and a friendly crowd but are dining at places with very good reasonably priced food and modest corkage. The previous two restaurants have been PDH and Wu’s Wonton King. Am happy to return to either esp Wu’s as I thought the Dungeness Crab was delicious and zero corkage is awfully nice. I am certainly open to suggestions but would like to keep the all in @ $100 or less. A French bistro would be nice if anyone knows one that has fair corkage, please let me know.

So who’s interested in drinking some Grand Cru burgs, and enjoying some tete’ de cuvee Champagnes to celebrate the holidays and end with a bang ??

Attendees:

1. Jonathan
  2. Tom.
  3. Dennis
  4. Windy
  5. Julie
  6. Mike
  7. Dinesh
  8. Joshua

FULL

No waitlist required thanks !

Let’s keep the event to a maximum of 8. Don’t need the massive headache, that happened last time and all the nasty treatment I received by simply stating the facts, on another quite obnoxious thread. Not going to let a few punks drive me out of town. Thrilled to see so many of our core group so loyal and obviously enjoying our events, so rudely described as label chasing by a few of the local troublemakers. They can and will likely be home alone miserable with their small group of friends while we enjoy great wine food conversation and holiday cheer. Sorry to be negative at all but I had to mention this in case some of you had not seen the other thread how mean spirited people can be in the city. You folks are not at all in way difficult but a pleasure to work with.

Hey Jonathan, I’m interested. Tough schedule, though.

I’m interested as well. Would need to be 23rd or later, but know that is difficult timing for many.

Interested. Will wait for the date to be set before I give a definite commitment. (I just set a wine tasting in my bldg for Dec 23 - last week otherwise I could be in.). My bldg one is a fledging first mtg so not sure that it is up to the level of true berserkers here. I’ll also check with them to see if there is there is any interest to coming to nyc.

While I have enjoyed the recent events, I will NOT be able to make any more this year… Sorry!

Chris have very much enjoyed your company and your wines at the previous gigs. I realize that between holidays parties family get togethers and vacations this might be difficult. If we can gather a group of 5 or 5 I will do this gig if not look forward to seeing as many of the original 8 at the next event likely in January.

Jonathan, I am interested too. Looking forward to it.

It looks like one of our members the 16th doesn’t work and for another the 23rd does not. Might be hard to get our entire past gang but will try to get as many as possible, then once date is picked perhaps a few newbies will hop in.

Possible dates {must be a Monday as two of my good friends Dennis and Windy can do just about any Monday as long as I give them slight notice }

So which if any of these dates can work:

Mon Dec 16th
Mon Dec 23rd
or Mon Dec 30

Whichever gets the highest turnout we run with and for others that cant make it with the holiday craziness will see you at future events !

Thanks, Jonathan. Right now the 16 and 30th look ok for me. But holiday madness…

The 23rd works for me
Can’t make the 16th or 30th

Does the 3oth we work for everyone else. So far it looks like 5 solid with two that look quite likely. If we have even 5 folks and 6 wines to share it"s all good esp for the holiday season.

The 30th is possible for me. Work is still up in the air, but if that permits, I will attend (so don’t count me as a firm commitment).

I might be up for this–would like to attend but can’t fully commit, as this is our time in our hometown and not yet sure of rest of schedule. It would be helpful to know starting time as well. So if I too could be possible but not firm, that would be great–always up for drinking some GC burg.
Thanks for organizing, Jonathan.

Jonathan, please put me on the list as tentative also. This way I’ll know what it feels like to be a full-on NYC Berserker when I cancel at the last minute with a lame excuse, or simply don’t show up without even a call. Thanks mate!

[snort.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] deadhorse

FWIW that’s not what I meant to imply. I appreciate Jonathan putting these things together. I only get to NYC once a year, so hard for me to know how it will play out. I did not want to hang him up. I thought poster before me, Mike, said the same thing, and Jonathan was ok with that.
But obviously lot of sensitive feelings here–not a pot I wanted to stir, unilke some others.

Jonathan, take me off the list. Apparently, dry humour doesn’t translate well to keyboards. Sorry mate!

As I mentioned on another thread, you can do what you like after you’ve been a member for one year. You still have time. [wink.gif]

Ian
If you look above I had put you down on the list in the first post. I did appreciate your sarcasm and did intend on sending a reply that we are thrilled to have you. As long as you are still interested we would be thrilled to have you. Or if you have made other plans no worries. Let me know. Thanks !

07 Hospices de Beaune Mazis-Chambertin Cuvee Madeleine Collignon, Faiveley

Could bring a 2001 Domaine Faiveley Corton “Clos des Corton”. Jonathan, I could also bring a second bottle, which would be a 1987 Peter Lauer Sekt Reserve for your friends who like Riesling and for your love of champagne—I am a big fan of the producer and his aged (but recently disgorged) sparklers, so it could be an interesting one for the group to try.

I know Tom did not enjoy Wu’s, and PDH is closer to me and Grand Central, so would be inclined to suggest that as the venue.