SF Bay Area/Peninsula OL - Pinstripes, Jan 27

Anybody holiday hungover? [drinkers.gif] [snort.gif]

Just trying to gauge interest for end of month, or we can push to Feb.

I know there’s a Jan 13 SF dinner, so I’m thinking Monday Jan 27…

============================

Date - January 27, 2020

Place - Pinstripes, San Mateo

Time - 6:30p

Theme - Nebbiolo, Cabernet, white, blinded if possible

Drinkers -
Robert
Andy
Alan
Sean
Dan
Wes
Larry
(Gianna)
Bill
(George)

Sounds good as I am not that familiar with Mr. Williams and likely not to appreciate his send off as others.

I’m in, most Mondays end of this or early next month should work.

27th works. Been a while since we did Sole.

I’m good with the 27th

Count me in.

Or back to Terun? Only thing there is they can really only accommodate us in the back patio, which is a bit risky on a January night.

I’m in

I spoke w manager at Pinstripes at Hillsdale mall. Really cool venue, and he said they would love to have us in a Monday. Lots of space.
Shall we try there?

There’s bowling upstairs!

Sure! Sandi and I went there. My pizza was ok. Crust was thicker than what I like, but toppings were fine. Sandi’s pasta and salad were good. Much better than what we expected. We definitely planned to go back.

Robert: The Williams Selyem dinner will be Wednesday February. 26 at Divino.

Monday nights might no longer work for me in general, 50 miles there, 50 mile drive home after a wine dinner, getting home at 11 pm, on a Monday to start the week. I’m not going to tomorrow’s Monday Herwig dinner for example for that reason. So put me on a wait list as opposed to taking up a spot. Yuzu on Tuesdays is much less tiring eg.

Should be available for this!

I’m in.

Sorry guys, mom is in town. Need to entertain her.

I can come over and tell her my talking dog joke.

I should be able to make it.

I would rather not do Pinstripes as it is probably a worse or same version of Paul Martins. Sole and Divino would be fun. Open to other suggestions and will still go if it is at Pinstripes but will eat in the food court before :joy:.

Look forward to seeing everyone.

Chris

She’ll question my judgment in friends and it’ll be HS all over again.

Hmm.
I already have an email out.
Let’s see what they say.
I like the venue and it might be worth trying it.
If it’s a bust, then we don’t go back.

LOL that is funny

After getting a new iPhone for myself (it would’ve cost more to replace the battery than the phone was worth), Sandi and I went to Pinstripes again. Sandi got the Farmer’s Market salad which was pretty damn good. I got the Margherita flatbread. The choices in that menu section can be made as a flatbread or pizza. The flatbread was more up my alley. Again the ingredients were fine and the crust thinness was much more to my liking. FYI, we haven’t tried anything from the mains and I can’t recall the pasta that was ordered a month ago. I do remember trying a bite and thinking that it was fine.

I’m with Dan. Let’s try it once and if it isn’t up to our standards, no need to go back.