Chicago Feb. 11

Subject as always to lake-effect blizzards and the like, I plan to be in Chicago, and I’m looking to set up an offline for Feb. 11. Looking for a group of 6 for now because I have two already on the line who are awaiting travel confirmation and they would take it up to 8 if they can both make it. Default location would be Vinci (on N. Halstead by the Steppenwolf), and the only theme would be wines older than 10 years because that is what it takes to qualify for their free corkage policy, but that is all subject to discussion once we have a group. Please PM or reply if interested. First-come, first-served until we’re full and have an alternate or two, and I’ll edit to update the list from time to time. Some old friends are already on board, and I’m looking forward to meeting some new ones as well!

1. Me
  2. Bill D.
  3. Mark F.
  4. Paul M.
  5. Scott M.
  6. Steve N.
  7. (subject to travel plans) Rob A.
  8. (subject to travel plans) Rowen B.
    (Alternate 1) Mark T.
    (Alternate 2) Keith A.

Cheers,

Dave

I would like to join. I live around the corner and frequent Vinci.

I’d like to join you.

That filled up fast! Looking forward to it! E-mails to follow.

Hi Dave,

Would you please be able to put me on the waitlist?

Thanks,

Keith

Dave your email server is blocking my replies to your email.

Reservation made. Apparently they know Dave and Frank well, and the group has quite the reputation of drinking lots of great bottles.

They want us to make this a 6:30 reservation so we have plenty of time. Even though there are two Steppenwolf shows going on, they’ll be able to accomodate us. I think Keren will be our server, and we’ll be in that nook area unless the group grows beyond 8.

Great, thanks Paul! I’m sure all the fame is from Frank, but I’m happy to bask in the glow.

I’ve been traveling all week but will pick up the e-mail chain soon.

I would be happy to act as a backup if needed. Thanks, Adam.

I wanted to bump this to find out if there’s any movement.

Cheers

You’re now the first alternate. I’ve been traveling and then this week’s been a bit nuts. I will check in with Rob and try to get you at least a week’s notice if he’s in or if his spot opens up.

[cheers.gif]

If anyone is driving and needs a zone sticker for parking, let me know.