Santa Rosa area - July 21?

I’ll be heading out just a bit early before a business meeting in Oakland and making my first trip to Sonoma - I can’t wait!

Since it’s a business trip it’s just me and I’m looking for interested locals for a dinner/offline on Wednesday night July 21. Rosso Pizzeria & Wine Bar has been suggested as laid back and corkage friendly, but we can pick a place north of SR, in town, or south of SR, based on who’s attending and what works for them. I’ll pick lodging for the night after we pick a place!

Also, if anyone isn’t working that afternoon and wants to join me for a visit up at Calluna, let me know and I’ll see if David can make room for more. I’m sure if he’s taking the time for a tour and tasting he’d rather have more than one guest.

I’m really looking forward to my trip and hope to meet some of you while I’m there!

Cheers,

Dave

I’m in!

1 Like

Let me check my schedule. Taking off that week from work, but staying in the area.

2 Likes

If Petaluma’s not too far south for Brian, “legendary” Fried Chicken Wednesday with free corkage certainly calls out to me. Maybe we could even rope Tom into joining us since it sounds like he’s wanting to try it? If it’s too far, though, that’s OK too. I don’t know anything about the place beyond what Tom just posted in the “visiting Sonoma” thread:

https://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3282283#p3282283

Dude, it’s your offline. I’ll follow whatever direction you take.

1 Like

[berserker.gif] [berserker.gif] [berserker.gif]

I’m advised that Street Social is way too small for an offline, so let’s go back to penciling in Rosso Pizzeria while we wait to see if we have any others Berserk enough to join in.

Sounds awesome but I will sadly be working evenings for most of July. Have a great one!

Damn I’ll be there the 23rd…

Bumping this as it is coming up this week.

1. Richard and Brian, are you both still in?
  2. Anyone else have a last-minute desire to join us? After 24 hours without WB, maybe you need a bit of an extra fix on Wednesday night?
  3. Rosso still sounds great to me - is this a reservations kind of place? What time works for you?
  4. Any thoughts on what you want to bring to drink? Generally speaking, I dislike sauvignon blanc and huge-scaled/oaky reds (big zins excepted), and I’m pretty lukewarm to domestic pinot, and I like or love pretty much everything else. I have a wide variety of stuff I could bring, I’ll post a list of some possibilities in a little while.

Did I hear you say Syrah? I have a bunch.
Maybe some with a bit of age? I have an ‘09 Halcon Alturas and an ‘08 or ‘09 Wind Gap.

Would love to try that Halcon!

1 Like

I could bring a 2004 Paloma syrah - the last (or close to it) vintage of estate syrah before they pulled the vines out and switched to the “Palomita” with purchased fruit, or a 2011 Lagier-Meredith syrah.

If we want to make it a syrah kind of night, that is.

1 Like

I have an ‘09 of that as well. Before I get out of hand I should see how many of us there will be.

As for your other questions, no, you won’t need reservations at Rosso’s. At least not for just two or three people. I can be there by 5:30. You name the theme, I was just interjecting.

OK, let’s call it for Rosso Pizzeria at 5:30. I will bring the 2011 Lagier Meredith. I’d love to try the Halcon you mentioned (or any older Halcon). Richard, I hope you’re in as well.

• I sent Richard an e-mail via the site since he said he was off this week. If he can join us but needs to start later, I’ll post here. Otherwise, see you at Rosso on Wednesday at 5:30. Have syrah, will travel!

Cheers,

Dave

I cannot begin to tell you all how sorry I am that this conflicts with a post pandemic (if we really are post because this Delta thing is not great) birthday party for a family member. If you have time on Oakland end of the week, I am right here.

Looks like you’re stuck with me Dave.

Next time, Richard. Sorry to miss you this time around!

Brian, see you tomorrow night. [cheers.gif]

Great to meet Dave last night. Had a good meal and relaxed time a few Syrahs.
‘09 Halcon Alturas
‘09 Wind Gap Majik
‘11 Lagier Meredith
‘12 Bedrock North Coast

I’ll let Dave embellish on the wines if he wants to.
03A96DA3-B427-4298-86DB-D8738F3BBEA2.jpeg