Sine Qua Non AND other Cali Cults table for October 16 Berserkerfest at PDH in NYC

REVISED PLAN.

Too much wine and not enough time to drink it. I will organize a table for real wine with real flavor. SQN is not a perfect pairing with Peking Duck, but sometimes you have to sacrifice. After consulting with other members of the Pro-Flavor Vanguard, we have adjusted the table title to add other Cali Cults as acceptable wines. What’s a cult? It’s like obscenity. You know it when you see it. Off the top of my head? I’d really like a Shafer HSS because I haven’t had one for a few years. Hundred Acre, because I don’t think I’ve ever had one. Well aged Dominus, Monte Bello, Opus One (better than you think), Schrader, Abreu, Heitz Martha’s, Scarecrow, Tin Man, Araujo, Realm, Colgin, anything along those lines. You get the idea.

I would like an 8-top with three core flights. Whites, Cabs and Rhone varieties. I am working on someone who will bring an A+ bubbly starter. If anyone is still standing, we can finish off the night with some Mr. K or other special sweeties.

My office is right around the corner from PDH so if anyone wants to ship in or drop off wines in advance, I can arrange that. If you want, as we did with one or two previous events at PDH, we can have a pre-event get together with charcuterie and bubbly just to prime your palate.

Post your interest and proposed wines.

No SQN but would like to crash.

I’m at the other Jay’s AFWE table (no offense Jay), but would be up to joining a pre-event, should that happen and if you’d have me. [cheers.gif]

Pencil me down for this table, Jay. Thanks for spearheading, I think I can contribute the 2011 True Confessions, have to check if it is Syrah or Grenache

You and I agreed last night that lurkers who claim to like Burgundy but just want to stop by and “try” a glass of SQN will have to go elsewhere. Right?

And by the same token anyone bringing SQN to the AFWE table will also have to go elsewhere neener

You are, however, welcome to bring an empty glass if you need a palate cleanser after bludgeoning it into submission.

We can set up a pulley system and transfer bottles across the room so we do not even have to get up… champagne.gif newhere

I’m interested, have the same too much wine.
happy to bring wine white, grenache and syrah.
booked my flights to and fro from Oregon
thank you

Just remember that at the first Berserkerfest at PDH, the Burgundy Table had to get two dump buckets because they has so much crap.

1 Like

Might have to expand our table theme and make it new world Rhone styles… Just saying

I was thinking to expand it to “California Cults” but I would be fine with Top of the Line New World Rhone Blends. I do not care so long as I do not have to drink and swill from the Loire Valley. Which would you prefer?

The reason I was suggesting Cali Cults is that we could have a white flight of something like SQN, Saxum white, Aubert or Marcassin; followed by a Rhone varieties flight of SQN, Saxum, Lillian, Cayuse (I’ll bring a frog) or similar stuff; followed by a Cab flight of things like Schrader, MacDonald, Scarecrow, Colgin, Etain, etc. I do not have any Mr. K left for dessert. That is a ridiculous collection of wine, but after an 18+ month hiatus, we need to dial it up a notch. Here is what we had on Sept. 24 for the Westchester Wine Collector Dinner:
Wine Collectors Dinner snall.jpg
Everything from the Scarecrow to the Madeira was from my cellar and since I just cancelled out of the Charleston Offline a Rama due to COVID, which will save me beaucoup dineros, so I’ll throw some big lumber at this one just for the halibut.

Saw that post, looks good, I can bring an 86 Sauternes for a sticky. Expanding to Cali cults sounds like a plan as well.

Bump, and the new SQN delivery came today, so maybe I will bring the 2018 Sine Qua Non Aperta as my white wine.

Hi Jay, I’d like to join your table. Tom

Sure. I’ve been waiting for you.

We only have three people signed up… .I see people clamoring to be at this table, this week.

Laurel Glen 1996, with Cornerstone 1992 as back-up.

[dance-clap.gif] [drinkers.gif] champagne.gif

Just advertise that I got the delivery on Thursday and I will bring some of those.

Thank you, Jay. I will be bringing an appertiff. Magnum of 83 Silver Oak Alexander.