Time For Another Anti La Paulee Dinner - New York Early March - Nope, another Fail.

Every few years, we look at the prices of the La Paulee and we schedule a counter-dinner. Wine with flavor is favored, Burgundy is permitted, everyone is welcome, and it will cost MAYBE $150 plus the great wine you want to bring. Unfortunately, I must have non-trivial surgery which has been moved back again to February 15, so this is all iffy, but I would like to do it again. Looks like March 12 is the best date. If I can make it, I will put up a bottle of Macdonald (the oldest one where I still have all 3 - should be 2010 or 2011) and either a Saxum Magnum or a Magnum of 2007 Quilceda Creek. Or maybe a 2005 Scarecrow. Or who knows. I want to drink some good stuff with other people.

I will not have the energy to go through the brain damage of finding a new fancy place, so I will probably go with either Bobby Van’s on 54th or Delmonico’s Kitchen on the West Side just north of the Garden, where I know people and can make arrangements easily. If you are interested, please post here and we will see what develops. If you have a relationship at another restaurant that will not make us feel like they are doing us a big favor letting us eat at their establishment, and you want to check with them on whether we can do it on March 12 (maybe the 11th). let me know.

Strict Covid protocols required. None of this Aaron Rogers/Robert Kennedy Jr. BS allowed.

I’m out. Surgery 2-15 and surgeon said no alcohol for 6 week, so nothing until April.

I’m around March 11th.

In on the Burg side

Jay, thanks for organizing. interested.

I’m interested for either or both nights. Good luck, Jay!

Interested as well.

Interested.

This was the last offline I attended back in 2020, so it’s only fitting that it be the first one I attend since then. Right now, it’s maybe. A place closer to Penn/the Garden would push me closer to attending. I’ll be watching this thread.
Good luck with your surgery, Jay.

I’m out. Surgery next Tuesday and surgeon said no alcohol for 6 week, so nothing until April.

Speedy and full recovery, Jay!

More best wishes for the surgery Jay!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Thanks all. I have way too much wine to pack it in now.

Fast recovery !

Hope you have a speedy recovery!

I thought people would like to know that I’ve heard Jay H is out of surgery and all went well.

Certainly put a smile on my face

champagne.gif

5 Likes

Hope your recovery is going well Jay and you will be tipping the glass again soon.