Portland (PDX) - June 2, 2022

I have no idea if the Left Coast is doing this sort of thing again (hell, I don’t know if my coast is either).

My wife and I are visiting close friends, who recently moved to Hood River. The four of us plan to be in Portland starting on 6/2. I suspect it may be better to do this before the weekend.

Any Portlandians interested in meeting for dinner (lunch, breakfast…)? Our friends are keenly interested in engaging with the local wino community. He is just beginning to explore WB.

Open to all restaurant suggestions and wine themes. My cellar is almost entirely from France, Italy, Germany and Spain. Our friends have a more diverse collection.

Thanks & champagne.gif

The Squad

1. Jill - confirmed (c)
  2. David - c
  3. Mayda - c
  4. Greg - c
  5. Lee - c
  6. Eric - c
  7. Keith - c
  8. Dave - c
  9. Rick?

Greg,

I should be available, and would be interested.

If I am in town (and I think I will be), I’d happily join. Can do France or Italy.

potentially interested!

Potentially interested.

I’m definitely interested!

We’re booked on June 2nd, but could do other days after that.

Potentially interested.

Our only other evening is Friday, the 3rd. Here in NY, I try to stay away from Friday and Saturday as restaurants tend to be busier and don’t want the table(s) locked up for a longer than typical duration.

If things are different there, we can consider it. But only if agreeable with the others who have replied thus far.

An impressive response. Thanks!

Assuming everyone who expressed interest is a single, we are 10. I think this is a good number. So, any future respondents will form the wait list. See OP for list.

Now, to the topic of venue. We welcome ideas of suitable restaurants. Where does one go for great (wine-friendly food, nice, comfortable atmosphere that’s corkage-friendly? How far in advance do we need to lock it down?

Perhaps Andy can work something out at Canard…

Agreeable to us if possible. Canard was on our shortlist of interesting places.

Canard looks great, I’ve not been there yet. I’ve got this penciled in on the calendar, hopefully ba.2 doesn’t foil our plans!

Looking to reinvigorate this. I am planning on shipping some wine in advance of my visit and would like to do so (1) before temps rise; and (2) so the wine has time to settle.

David and I can post some wine ideas before the end of this week. No need for a theme other than some good stuff, we’d like to share.

Helpful if we could pin down the venue. One suggestion - Canard - was made before the chatter faded.

Looking forward to this.

Hi Greg,

I’m traveling at the moment, but I can certainly reach out to Arden or Campania about private dining when I get back stateside. If either of those are a bust, I’m relatively confident that I can work something out with Frank Wine Bar For them to close a smidge early and have us as a Pop-up

1 Like

Would have loved to join (and meet some more PDX wine enthusiasts!) but sadly have to work that day/night down here in Salem.

Hi: David (and Jill) here with my first WB post. Looking forward to a great dinner gathering, and meeting new people in Portland. I will be checking out the restaurant recommendations/suggestions, and share my thoughts once I am a little smarter. Wine ideas to follow based on cuisine, atmosphere (prolly Bordeaux). We do have some (little) experience with dining in Portland, so relying on the local cognoscenti for steering. Thanks in advance, and to Greg for spearheading.

Happy to receive if you need an address to ship to, someone’s usually around.

Appreciate the offer. My boy David has me covered there.

Probably not too early to ask people to confirm their interest. We also should get serious about a venue. I’m one of those guys who likes to have some coordination of wine with food. So, knowing the kind of cuisine will help with bottle selection.

Cheers.

I’m still very much in! Take a look at Arden’s menu and see if that does anything for you. They offer up private dining and I’d be more than happy to reach out to them. Their food is more elegant and would probably lean towards a more Burgundy/Champagne-centric meal.

If you are wanting something more Italian, I can also reach out to Campania or Serratto.

If none of those work, I’m extremely confident of getting a private space and chef for dinner.

Let me know what you want and I’ll happily help out as best I can!

2 Likes