San Francisco Offline - April 22nd 2022

We’re confirmed for April 22nd with one spot remaining before a wait list starts. Excited to get the Bay Area community together!

Wine theme: Old world but let’s have some region variety in what we bring. Max number of guests will be 9.

Restaurant: Seven Hills on Hyde St (reservation confirmed for 9 @7:15pm. Example menu is attached. I’d recommend bringing stemware as theirs isn’t particularly great). Please let me know if you have any dietary restrictions as soon as possible. With 9 people, unlimited corkage will be $44 a person.

Guest List:
1)Myself Confirmed
2)Brendan Baker Confirmed
3)Andy K Confirmed
4)Yao C Confirmed
5)Lawrence Wang Confirmed
6)Stephen Chen Confirmed
7) Cindy Wan Confirmed
8) Michael Schriefer Confirmed
9) Open

Tentative:

Jonathan

Wine list:
Tyler: 02 Marc Colin Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Caillerets + 1986 d’Yquem
Yao: 1999 Bertheau Bonnes Mares
Cindy Wan: Initial and potentially another champagne
Brendan Baker: 03 Rinaldi Brunate Le Coste
Stephen Chen: 2010 Burlotto Monvigliero
Lawrence Wang: 76 d’Yquem and 98 Krug

champagne.gif
Pasta Set Menu.pdf (100 KB)

I’m tentatively interested, depending on location and wine theme.

Do you have a line on a restaurant that waives corkage (or has a very reasonable fee) on a Friday or Saturday? I wouldn’t know where to go with a group of 10…

Zazie has historically been friendly to wine dinners with low corkage fee’s ($15). Would need to call around a few others to confirm corkage.

Re wine, I was planning on bringing one of something like:

-88 Pichon Baron
-70 Mission Haut Brion
-07 Jamet
-something Dujac
-06 d’Angerville Clos des ducs
-Clos Rougeard

Have a reservation on the 23rd, but if it’s on the 22nd, maybe I can swing it! Angler might be worth considering, too. Big space, some big tables, great food/staff.

Also, could bring a wine similar to yours. 95% of my purchases are old world. Haha

Would love to join, but those dates won’t work for me. Next one!

I’ll put you on the list for the 22nd. +1? I like an old world theme. Angler is great.

In a similar vein, Spruce would be fun and I have a few connections there that may help with corkage.

1 Like

Next time!

I’m up to join on the 22nd! My cellar also leans French. I’d be coming from the Presidio, so my vote would be for Spruce if you could arrange something on corkage (though Angler or Zazie would work, too)

Great, added! Once we get to 6 confirmed I’ll reach out to Spruce.

Sounds good, please add me for the 22nd

Added, thanks Andy.

I’m in!

Added! Any restaurant suggestions?

Mathilde and the Morris are standbys but maybe less convenient. Dan Kim and I recently tried Taishan Cuisine, which is free corkage but we’ll have to bring our own glasses. Very informal but an interesting option

Love the duck at the Morris. Haven’t tried the others but will take a look!

interested, but relative wine noob and don’t have a ton of aged French wines; 95 Calon Segur probably best i can do. Italians OK? thanks

Absolutely welcome, bring whatever you’d like (old world seems to be the theme). Added!

1 Like

Mathilde may work (you’d have to reserve it, though :wink:).

I don’t know if we can swing a deal with Paul at The Morris, but corkage is usually $50.

Taishan has excellent food, but no reservations and it’s a pretty small place… I think it’s probably better for a group of 4-6 on a slow day, but maybe we could arrange something…

I’ve also reached out to Seven Hills which is one of my favorites. They’ve held the date for 9 people but I’m waiting for more information on corkage. Sample menu attached. The Morris has a private event that day so that’s out.
Pasta Set Menu.pdf (100 KB)

1 Like

Hi All, I spoke with the owner of Seven Hills (they have a 3 bottle maximum corkage) and he’s offered to allow us to bring as many as we’d like at the following cost 1st bottle $30
2nd bottle $35, 3rd bottle $40, 4th and on $45. I could also see if we could convert that cost into purchasing something of greater value from their list? I know I don’t particularly like paying corkage.
As mentioned, they are holding the date for up to 9.
Please let me know if you all like the idea of Seven Hills and I’ll continue engaging them.

1 Like