The 10th Post-IPNC Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown features the 2015 Oregon Pinot Noir Vintage, Cristom Vineyards, Aug 1st

Berserkers,

The 10th Annual Post-IPNC Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown features the 2015 Oregon Pinot Noir Vintage. Past attendees have filled this year’s event, but dropouts always open the door for new attendees to join via the waitlist.

Given the 2 year hiatus, the Annual bit has gone by the wayside. But we’re back!!!

Todd French is joining us along with special guests from The Wine Check and Alaska Airlines.

Date: Monday, August 1st, 2022
Time: Tasting starts NOON sharp, but please arrive 45 minutes early so we can prep the double-blind tasting.
Where: Cristom Vineyards, 6905 Spring Valley Rd NW, Salem Oregon
Host: Gaironn Poole
Format: Double-blind. 30 unique Pinot Noirs from the Oregon 2015 vintage. Every attendee brings one magnum or 2 750’s.

-Steve

Attendees

Past hosts are marked with (h). Without your wonderful support, this event wouldn’t happen!

Allison Schenck
Andy Steinman (h)
Brent Braun
Chas Stiltner
Cristom Attendee
Colleen Prince
Doug Ackerman
Durstin Selfridge
Eric Schwenter
Gaironn Poole
Greg Malcolm
Harry Kamin
Jean Carlon (Alaska Airlines)
Jeff Hoofard
Joe Schenck
John Grochau (h)
John Osburn
Ken Pahlow (h)
Marcus Goodfellow (h)
Megan Joy
Morgan Beck
Paul Willenberg
Peter Hickner
Sandra Miller
Shawnda Hansen (The Wine Check)
Steven Miller
Tim Wilson
Todd French
Todd Hansen
Tom Pavlik
Vincent Fritzche
Will Hamilton

Wait-List

Peter Sturn
Clint Cruse

Drop-outs

Andrew Rich

Join the wait list here:

2022 Wait-List Survey

For those new to the Throwdown, you can follow our history here.

1st Annual - The shitty 2007 vintage retrospective, August 1st, 2011 held at Patty Green hosted by Jim Anderson
The thread that started it all. The Bob Wood (RIP) defense of the 2007 vintage.
Another Shitty '07 Oregon Pinot Noir

2nd Annual - 2005 vintage retrospective, July 30th 2012 held at Biggio Hamina hosted by Todd Hamina
Post IPNC Oregon 2005 Tasting

3rd Annual - 2004 vintage retrospective, July 29th 2013 held at Matello hosted by Marcus Goodfellow
2013 Post IPNC Tasting of 2004 OR Pinot at Matello

4th Annual - 2002 vintage retrospective, July 28th 2014 held at Björnson Vineyard hosted by John Grochau
Post IPNC 2002 Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown! Björnson Vineyard, Eola-Hills July 28th

5th Annual - 2008 vintage retrospective, July 27th 2015 held at Walter Scott hosted by Andy Steinman
Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2008 Vintage, 7/27/15

6th Annual - 2010 vintage retrospective, August 1st 2016 held at Scott Paul hosted by Ian Burch
Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2010 Vintage, 8/01/16

7th Annual - 2011 vintage retrospective, July 31st 2017 held at Anne Amie hosted by Thomas Houseman
Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Blind Tasting, 2010 Vintage, 7/31/17

8th Annual - Revisit the 2007 vintage, July 31st 2017 held at Lingua Franca hosted by Thomas Savre
8th Annual Post-IPNC Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown, July 30th 2018, Salem OR

9th Annual - (2012 vintage) This thread - Hosted by Ian Burch at Archery Summit Winery, Dayton OR
9th Annual Bob Wood Memorial Post-IPNC Oregon Pinot Noir Throwdown, Monday July 29th 2019, Archery Summit, Dayton OR

Future Throwdown Planning

10th (2015 vintage) This thread - Hosted by Gaironn Poole at Cristom Vineyards, Salem OR

11th Throwdown - (vintage TBD) - July 28th, 2023 - Hosted by Todd Stewart at Elk Cove Vineyards, Gaston OR

FYI- Thread title lists 2012 vintage.

This is so cool!!

Tx for catching the cut & paste error.

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting all the Berserkers in attendance!!

2 on the wait list. Past history suggests most if not all will clear as others’ plans change.

Steven - Thank you for organizing, again. Would you please add Clint Cruse to the waiting list?

Our first dropout. Brent Braun has cleared the waitlist.

Added Carol Collison to the wait list! July is going to rocket by. I’ll be in touch soon as I start building out flights.

1 Like

Darn. Missed this. Joined the waitlist

Clint Cruse has cleared the wait-list

Just 2 weeks away! Looking forward to reconnecting with everyone!

1 Like

I’m going to have to asked to removed from the confirmed list. I’ve got an urgent dental problem, and the only near term appointment I could make is Aug. 1.
Please transfer me to the wait list. I’ve asked to be notified if there are any cancellations i could fit into next week. Given the covid situation, there may be.
I’ve been looking forward to resuming this tasting series for years, and I’d jump back in if possible.

Please drop Carol Collison from the wait list - she has to head back to California the morning of 8/1.

I’m still on the list, but it is clear now that I will be in a dentist’s office next Monday, not at Cristom.
If anyone is from Seattle, or will be passing through Seattle, I’m happy to have my selected wines transported to the tasting.

Monday is almost upon us! We will have a fantastic time at the 10th Bob Wood Memorial Throwdown!

1 Like

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 2.39.02 PM.jpg
Do we have a volunteer for event photographer?

14E2CFC4-5552-4ED5-B6E7-88D6CE7C1E2F.jpeg

1 Like

I’m totally stoked for tommorow

Very much looking forward to both the wines and the lower temperatures!