Mike on Tour (at last!) -- May 4 at WSNY

To disambiguate, creating a separate thread from the May 3rd thread.

On the 4th, we are hosting a special “Wine Club Wednesday at WS” in Mike’s honor. The usual suspects of Rodrigo B, Dan Bast!an will be in attendance with Dan A joining us for the first time. We have space for a couple more people. DM me if interested.

6:30 PM. 37 Hudson Yards.

At the club or the tavern? I am curious. Unfortunately I am traveling starting Wednesday and cannot attend, but I might be interested in future “wine club wednesdays at ws” if it’s an open invite to other WB’s.

At the club. Yes open invite.

Do you meet weekly, monthly? Do we bring our own wine and pay corkage, or is this a traditional dinner and order from the wine list? Sounds like fun!

While there are bouts of time we don’t meet for 4-6 weeks due to holidays or whatnot, we try to keep it basically weekly. Most of the time it’s at WS but we are not opposed to going elsewhere.

WS is almost uniquely great for a wine group get together given the endless amount of Zaltos on hand, friendly and knowledgeable staff, and liberal corkage rules (unlimited bottles; $30 fee per bottle for service). We do order off the list from time to time, but that is not our focus (though the list is very good with some deals). While we may stay in the lounge or go to the main dining room, since we are there from 6:30 until about 10:30, we usually end up ordering dinner.

WS is a pretty awesome venue.

1 Like