Terry Theise Dinner-Boston

Terry Theise has recently moved to the Boston area. Who’s in for giving him a proper welcome to town dinner and tasting?

Date: Thursday, December 16th
Time: 6:00PM
Location: Island Creek Oyster Bar, 500 Commonwealth Ave. (Kenmore Sq.), Boston
617-532-5300
Theme: Wines of Passion

Terry has made a career out of filling his portfolio with producers who share his passion for wines of personality and character. In tribute to him, please bring a wine from a producer that you are passionate about (from any region).

Attendees:
Terry Theise
Ron Kramer- 77 Warre
Kevin Foley- 06 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Kloster Furstental Riesling Brut Sekt, 09 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Riesling Kabinett Trocken, 01 Ratzenberger Bacharacher Wolfshohle Riesling Auslese (500mL)
Tom Modika- 91 Nikolaihof Gruner Veltliner Vinothek
Alex Hay- 96 Pontet Canet Magnum
Peter Czyryca- 04 Jean Milan Terres de Noel
Jamie Manley- 96 Ducru Beaucaillou
Angelo Manioudakis- 67 Conterno Barolo Riserva
Brent Young- 09 Donnhoff Oberhauser Brucke Riesling Spatlese
Ben Schwartz- 98 Bartolo Mascarello Barolo
Kevin Murphy- 02 Pierre Peters Cuvee Speciale, 04 Gimonnet Fleuron
Steve Steinbergher-02 Chartogne Taillet Fiacre, 07 Littorai Heintz Chardonnay, 05 Rochioli Three Corner Pinot Noir

Happy Holidays (Complimentary Wines for Our Tasting)
NV Varnier Fanniere Blanc de Blancs
NV Gaston Chiquet Blanc de Blancs
Henri Billiot Cuvee Laetitia
2002 Goutorbe Special Club Champagne
2001 Vilmart & Cie Coeur de Cuvee Champagne
2007 Hirsch Gaisberg Riesling
2008 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Himmelreich Riesling Kabinett Halbtrocken
2002 Hiedler’s Steinhaus Riesling
2006 Nikolaihof Riesling Steiner Hund Reserve
2002 Nigl Privat Riesling Trocken
1953 Moulin Touchais Coteaux de Layon

Waiting List:

1. Kai Xie
  2. Gus C.
  3. Michael Malinoski
  4. Mattias Jansson

We will be there.

Steve, I’m in dependent on my wife’s due date which is around that time frame. Does ES do BYO? Corkage?

Peter,

Awesome! I totally understand about the due date. I will put you down for the dinner. As for the corkage, we have not committed to Eastern Standard yet. In fact, we might be able to get a reservation at Island Creek Oyster Bar on Comm. Ave… I’ve heard great things about Island Creek but I haven’t been there yet. My preference is for Island Creek. Has anyone tried Island Creek Oyster Bar? What did you think?

A few people have asked about corkage fees. There is a good chance that the corkage fees will be waived at either restaurant. I’ll let everyone know as soon as we pick a spot and confirm the size of the group.

We have very good corkage free places in the area and I assume Terry can persuade restaurants who serve his wine to accommodate?

Count me in, I’m due for a trip back to Boston.

Glad to see the Boston offline scene hasn’t completely died since I left. I was starting to wonder…

BTW, Ron, your fame as the coiner of the term “offline” has reached even Philly, so you have a standing invitation from us for an offline anytime can you make it down here. Worth a trip, the BYOB scene is amazing!

and I invented the internetz

pileon

Turns out my company holiday party is the 16th so I’m out. If something changes on that front I’m back in.

Kevin,

You leave town and we can’t get our act together. It will be great to catch up!

Peter,

That sucks! Let me know if anything changes.

Or maybe Tyler leaving is at fault.

Tyler, you are invited too, but only if you apologize to Ron first. Or invent a word.

Congratulations Peter!

It’s official-
Island Creek Oyster Bar
Table of 12
6:00PM
Thursday, December 16th

Only a few spots left!
Once you know what wine(s) you are bringing, please post and I will update the first post. Remember, red or white producer that you are passionate about.

Paging Alex Hay… Billiot…

Some there were at the first get together to which I coined the event name. [cheers.gif] I’ve also attend a few OL’s in Phila.
It will good have back for a visit.

I just read the restaurants’ review, looks like great place and food.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/island-creek-oyster-bar-boston" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When do we hear from Zack Lang?

My spousal equivalents name is Joyce btw.

If space available, I’d be a last minute attendee…I have a trial in Springfield and it would depend when that ends whether I can make it or not. Don’t hold the space open as if I had to bet, I think the trial will still be going on.

I’m back in (if there’s still a spot), company party is two nights earlier.

Ron talked me into it…I’m in if there is room
(trial be damned)

Trials are so predictable. Someone’s guilty, someone’s innocent. Wine dinner it is. I’ll add you to the list.

Looks like Pete is in too - he sent me an email

edit…and if i read above me, he responded here