San Francisco Offline- April 23rd

Hi all,
Is the San Francisco crowd ready for another offline? I’m free on Saturday April 20th, most weeknights after April 20th, or Saturday May 11th.

Respond back if you’re free and if you have a theme in mind! If Craig can make it, I’ve promised him that I’ll bring a 1996 Peter Michael Les Pavots.

Update:
Tuesday April 23rd, CONFIRMED: Bella Trattoria @ 7 PM
Theme: Controversial wines?

Attendees (Yes)
Ashish Agrawal
Ami Dibarra + 2
Vamsi Kaipa
Joel Galang
Harold Fong

I’m in provided I’m not traveling. I don’t have any conflicts with these dates at the moment.

That’s pretty vague, but I can very likely make it and I happen to have some 1997 Peter Michael Les Pavots I can bring. I would prefer a week night, mid-week, if your soliciting preferences.

Can’t do 4/20 as ill be in Sonoma but can do weekdays after that

Oh, I forgot, on 4/20 there is a different event in Santa Cruz. :wink:

OK, sounds like people want more specificity, so vote on either April 22nd or 23rd? Mondays/Tuesdays are likely the easiest to get tables for at restaurants in the city without too much corkage.

23rd is better for me.

23rd works

Thanks all. April 23rd it is. I’m sure other people will join in as the date gets closer, but I already think we have enough people to make it fun and intimate. I’ll make a reservation as the date gets closer. Invite your friends! Ideal number is probably 10-14.

I am in, if I am not traveling. The life of a consultant.

Theme?
Should we do Cafe Claude or Bella Trattoria like we have done before?

If it is in San Francsico, I am in as always.

As for theme, thats a tough one. Maybe something more loose like Red and White Burgundy? Or even more general, Old World Wines? Or Italian wines? Being too specific might be too hard like say 1990 Barolos… But thats just a suggestion of course.

Really depends on what food we are eating?

Ashish can you put me down as a maybe

Put me down as a maybe please

I am planning to come.

Updated the list of attendees. As for location, I would recommend Bella Trattoria in SF. Good Italian food, not too crowded, fairly good with corkage. The cuisine works with pretty much any type of red or white wine.

Bella sounds good to me, I liked the food last time we were there but this time we should tell them to bring out more food [snort.gif]

As for theme, how about controversial wines? The 96 Les Pavots topic came up out of a minor one (just two very different opinions). I’m thinking I could bring a Baumard QDC and a Michel Rolland wine.

I love the idea, especially the Baumard QDC. I’ve somehow never managed to try one and have always wanted to. [cheers.gif]

Hi all,
I’ve made a reservation at Bella Trattoria in the Richmond at 7 PM that night for 10 people, which gives us two more spots for latecomers. Corkage is normally $15/bottle, but the manager is good about usually comping about half the bottles for my group. See you all in a few weeks!

Great.
Anyone have a list of controversial wines?