AUCTION: Halcon Vineyards - Two Magnums of 2017 Halcon Alturas

Donor: Paul Gordon @ Halcon Vineyards
Value: $160
MinBidIncr: $10
Shipping Included: Free
Auction Closes: 8pm PT

Two magnums of 2017 Halcon Alturas Syrah

Driven by a love of the ethereal wines of the Northern Rhone and impressed by the cool climate characteristics of wines emanating from Mendocino, we searched the Anderson Valley area for a plot of land that could generate truly world-class wine from Rhone varietals. Having found such a site, a site dominated by the same schist soils found in Cote-Rôtie, a windblown, cool mountaintop with a view to the Pacific, we set out to plant a vineyard without compromise.

At 2500ft it is one of the highest vineyards in California. The northerly location, ocean exposure and altitude combine to produce a climate remarkably similar to the Northern Rhône region of France.

Above the fog line, the nighttime and early morning temperatures are warmer than the valley below. Conversely, the altitude and regular afternoon breezes moderate the peak temperatures. This smaller diurnal swing provides longer, slower ripening and increased complexity.

The Top of the World

A Labor of Love

$90

$120

$140

$180

Damn, I should have bid on this one!!!

I was totally willing to go higher :slight_smile:

Since I didn’t bid on much, I might have easily outbid you as my ONE auction item to bid on!!!

(I don’t have time to see the offers, much less the auctions - kinda sucks!)