NEWBIE INTRO: Astrea Caviar

I’ve had the opportunity to sell some of Astrea’s delicious caviar here and I’m happy to say I have the go-ahead to do so again for Berserkerday. I know quite a few Berserkers have enjoyed the caviar.

https://www.instagram.com/astrea_caviar/

A little about the caviar

The sturgeon are raised 6,500ft above sea level. The pure spring water, stable year-round temperature and lack of pollution ensure the best growing condition for our sturgeons. At such high altitude our fish grow slower, and as a result, lay eggs that are larger in size and more complex in flavor.

Our sturgeons range in age from 10 to over 25 years old. > For reference, most caviar is produced from fish that are anywhere from five to eight years old. When they reach maturity, we don’t extract the eggs until the third roe production cycle. The fish absorb the first two roe cycles, which gives them additional nutrition to produce bigger and more flavorful eggs in the third cycle.

Before extraction, we transfer the fish into low-temperature fish ponds with controlled conditions of 8% salt content and a temperature of 40-45 degrees Fahrenheit. There they reside for two months to mimic deep sea conditions. Once extracted, the eggs are cleaned and cured with less than 3% salt content before going through an > extended aging period of one to four months> . These practices add complexity and depth to our caviar’s flavor.

Our sturgeons fish are grown in natural spring water. We never treat them with antibiotics, instead, we use proprietary natural healing organic herbs to boost immunity. We do not use borax as a preservative, nor do we use food coloring to enhance the color of our eggs. What you see and taste is all natural, a product of carefully raised, mature sturgeon combined with a specialized aging process we have perfected. Similar to wine making, the process of curing and aging caviar is a closely guarded trade secret, an art form unto itself.

Yasss! An offer not to be missed for sure!

yummo… have had the golden ossietra and the Kaluga… both are great…
Krug and caviar makes for a fun start to a party…

I ordered some recently from Charlie. It’s awesome!

OMG this is GREAT!!!

Yes had the golden fantastic stuff!

What is a reasonable shelf (fridge) life for this product?

6-8 weeks is a nice cold fridge. As always it’s dependent on the seal, but if seal is tight (which is normally is), 6-8 weeks. The bigger the tin, the larger the shelf life

Nice!

Oh, man, I look forward to seeing this one!

Got to try this recently and was blown away. Great stuff

No shipping to Pennsylvania?

Oversight on the website. All status in continental US can be shipped too

Excited for this one!