Halcon Rhone Pack

Making our BerserkerDay offer available again! Weather is perfect for immediate shipping.

An all-Estate Rhone six-pack - two 2018 Alturas Syrah, two 2018 Esquisto Grenache blend, one 2018 Mourvedre and one 2018 Elevacion Syrah.

• Elevacion is a cuvee of 100% Chave clone Syrah, fermented with 100% whole-cluster and aged in neutral French oak puncheons.This vintage comes in at 13.3%. Full of savory goodness! Like the Alturas, full of energy.
  • The Mourvedre is 50% whole-cluster, aged in neutral oak and with just 100 cases bottled. It has a close resemblance to the 2017 vintage, with the same soaring peppery, floral aromatics but with more depth and richness. A singular wine from the coolest planting of Mourvèdre in the world! 12.8%
  • Esquisto is a blend of 60% Grenache, 20% Mourvedre and 20% Syrah. Picked November 1st, it also benefited from the extended hang-time. Peppery, earthy, bright red fruits.
  • The Alturas has lots of bright red and blue fruits but also plenty of savory characteristics, a hypothetical blending of 2014 and 2016 vintages with a strong cool-climate character. I am most struck by the vibrancy and energy on the palate. A pure reflection of the Halcón terroir and will rival the 2016 as best Alturas ever.

The all-Estate Rhone six-pack is $168 + shipping (see costs below, delivery free in the Bay Area) + sales tax where applicable.
Combine two of the six-packs and receive an additional 5% case discount.

Please email us your order to halconvineyards@yahoo.com (please include a number where we can reach you for credit card details). Shipping costs are:
AZ, CA, CO, ID, MT, NM, NV, OR, WA, WY: 6 btls $18, 12 btls $30
Rest of US: 6 btls $24, 12 btls $42
We can ship to all states except NH, UT, MS, AL, VT

Paul

1please

1 please!

Thanks Brian and Robert!

Paul

I’m in for one too. Couple of ding dongs on this site said some very nice things about these wines and lordy, the price is right.

I’ll say ‘you’re welcome’ now, in case I forget when you try them

Just so we are clear, I am the ding and Todd is the …

You sure are

Thanks so much John.

Paul

1591CD55-87EE-4581-82D0-2DF4E8EF1F41.jpeg
Awesome Syrah-based Cali Rhône. Killer vineyard.

Enjoying it with Cuban Picadillo. Perfect.

If Alfert likes it, I know I will.

1 six pack please. E-mail coming.

champagne.gif

David these are very powerful syrahs, structured with serious acidity and deep (but not overripe) fruit. Blood orange and darks on this 2017. I have not tried the 2018, but suspect with the vintage these will be excellent. I have tried every vintage since Paul started, and as he has dialed back the oak to neutral, and refined his winemaking skills, for me, these are the finest syrahs made in California. I have not tried the Rhône blend or the Mouverdre, but looking forward to it with this offering. I think you will like the syrah very much, and frankly, am surprised you have not tried them yet! Cheers and enjoy.

There are so many wines. Just hadn’t gotten there yet.

Thanks for the order David and the kind words Robert.

Paul

1 please, e-mail sent.

Thanks Rick

Paul

I sure hope my email got there in time!

No problem Max. Thanks for the order.

Paul

Can I get 1 ?

Of course Nick. I will email you.

Paul