Walter Scott Wines - Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines

Thank you for all the interest and orders we have received so far!

We are sold out of both the Rock Salt and 12 East 12 Chardonnays. Thank you!

If you need some wine, we’re still here to help!. Our recent Spring Release Wines are available with complimentary ground shipping on all orders of 6 bottles or more for as long as necessary to ride out the Quarantine efforts in style.

Visit Walter Scott’s Website:

Walter Scott Wines - Site down

We can also be reached by phone.

Again, thank you for your support in these challenging days.

We can’t wait to see you on the other side of this and share wine and laughs and catch up on life. We are sending you all lots of love, hoping we all come out as unscathed as possible.

Erica Landon
General Manager & Partner

971.209.7786 - winery
503.522.0789 - cell
erica@walterscottwines.com

Order in for a Rock Salt. Looking forward to it! Thank you!

Was going to order a 6 pack of the Rock Salt, but it’s not appearing on the site, so I’m guessing it’s sold out?

Hi Marshall,

We have a seperate area covering the 2 Berserker-only offers. Please follow this link:

https://www.walterscottwine.com/futures-offerings

All other bottlings can be accessed via:

https://walterscottwines.orderport.net/ … T-RELEASES

Sorry this was confusing and thanks for your interest.

Best,

Andy

Thanks, Andy…hadn’t finished my coffee yet! Order in.

I saw that too with the website and then started over again and it came back. Talked with Ken and Erica this morning and both these wines sound exceptional but Ken talking about the Rock Salt has me drooling. Order in for both

Sean

Ordered some of the Rock Salt! Cheers!

In for some Rock Salt as well.

I was charged $44.10 for shipping.

Is that correct?

Went to buy the Rock Salt, but I guess I had pondered too long, as they’re all sold out. Anyway, good for Walter Scott that they’re getting the sales.

The two Berserker exclusive bottlings are priced at Wholesale and our offer for these two bottlings did not include shipping. While we stated that in the offer, in retrospect, we should have noted it in bold to avoid confusion.

Sorry we didn’t communicate better.

I have updated the offer to clarify this point as well as noting that the Rock Salt Cuvee is sold out.

The 12 East 12 Cuvee remains available.

Likewise our Spring Release is open with free shipping on 6 bottles or more.

Thank you for all the interest!

Very excited to get the Rock Salt!
I have a pretty good idea who the friend is that you made it with and all those wines have been fantastic!
Amazing price even with shipping!

No worries Andy, was just double-checking.

I am looking forward to finally trying some of your wines!!

We appreciate all the support we’ve received from this community and are getting orders together for shipment shortly.

I’ve updated the original post with availability information on the 12 East 12 Cuvee.

Hoping everyone is staying safe, healthy and making the best of the situation.

[cheers.gif]

Any tasting notes for this wine? 100% Malo and 40% new oak might not be our style, but we do love Walter Scott wines.

Not other than what they provided. correct me if I’m wrong but pretty much all WS Chardonnays are 100% Malo and typically ~40% new oak.

Example(s):

Vineyards: 100% X Novo Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Willamette Valley
Ingredients: 100% Chardonnay grapes, SO2
Malolactic conversion: 100%
Yeast: Ambient, minimal bâtonnage
Fining: Casein & Bentonite, filtered for clarity
French Oak: Fermented and aged in 500 & 350-liter barrels for 12 months & finished for 3 months in stainless steel tank. 40% New Oak
ABV: 13%
Residual Sugar: 0 g/l

Vineyards: 100% Seven Springs Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Willamette Valley
Ingredients: 100% Chardonnay grapes, SO2
Malolactic conversion: 100%
Yeast: Ambient, minimal bâtonnage
Fining: Casein & Bentonite, filtered for clarity
French Oak: Fermented and aged in 500 & 350-liter barrels for 12 months & finished for 3 months in stainless steel tank. 40% New Oak
ABV: 13%
Residual Sugar: 0 g/l

From what I see all the SVD’s are 40% new oak and 100% malo. La Combe Vert is 30% new oak and 100% malo.

Thanks Scott and Troy,

The wine had elevage in 40% new wood and went completely through Malo, as is generally our norm.

The barrels are primarily Puncheons so there is less wood surface contact per Liter than standard cooperage and we tend to use barrels with modest toast. The Oak influence is so restrained that people who try our Chards for the first time sometimes assume elevage was in stainless.

If you’ve enjoyed other Walter Scott Chard bottlings, you’ll likely see a “family resemblance”! [cheers.gif]

Super Fast shipping on these. Arrived Sunday. Will post some formal notes this evening but the 12 East 12 is a nice balanced chardonnay with nice fruit on pop on pour with great balancing acidity. Great to drink now but I think could still benefit from a few years of age. The Rock Salt is flinty/minerally/high acidity white burg goodness. Those who bought that one are in for a treat.

Thank you Sean,

We appreciate the many Berserkers who have reached out.

We’re trying to get orders out within a day or two.

The support from this community is amazing. We may be socially distancing but we remain socially engaged!

[cheers.gif]

Tasting notes posted here in “Wine Talk”

Any chance there will be a re-re of the rock salt?