MATTHIASSON SURVIVAL KIT

Hi Wonderful Wine Berserker Community,

I hope you and yours are all staying healthy.

To help you survive this craziness, we are offering a TASTING PACK of SIX WINES (the six wines that you would be tasting if you were here in our Tasting Room) for flat fee of $249 (18% discount) plus free shipping and a double TASTING PACK (12 bottles) for $485 (20% discount) including shipping.

When it arrives you (and, if you choose, friends and loved ones from different locations) can schedule a private live tasting with us via Zoom Meeting (a video conferencing service).

You can also choose to either participate in a group virtual tasting with Steve or Jill Matthiasson or schedule a private virtual tasting with our director of hospitality.
https://www.matthiasson.com/wines/detail?item=spring-2020-tasting-6-pack

Thank you!

Jill and Steve Matthiasson

Our tasting pack arrived this week and we just finished our virtual tasting.

It was a small group so plenty of time for questions. Steve talked about their history and farming with a mini vineyard tour before leaving us for some actual farming. Jill then talked us through the wines.

For those of you familiar with the wines, this a nice deal. Otherwise, this a a great chance to learn a bit about them.

They pick early, so acid driven and low alcohol. Jammy and extracted they are not.

Ordering Monday (had to get to the next credit card cycle to get past the medical bills), and looking forward to the virtual tasting on May 1.

Thanks Robert! It was great to virtually meet you!

I have been interested in trying the Matthiasson wines, but I’m somehow always a little afraid when people say the wines are AFWE and acid driven. For comparison, I’m happy with Kelley Fox PN and very happy with the Beta cabs. I find that they have an excellent balance between flavors and structure with lively palates that stay away from being strict or angular.

Hi Peter, Since I’m don’t frequent this forum very often, I’m not familiar with what AFWE stands for. I haven’t had PN from Kelly Fox and I haven’t had a chance to try the Beta cabs. We are offering discounts and free shipping (on 6+ bottles) on our wines right now, so it’s a good time to try them out. They are well balanced between acid and fruit and structure. What other wines are your favorites? Jill

I think you would really like the Cabernet and their proprietary red wine. They are not lean or eviscerated by any stretch. They are just more in a classic vein than more trendy Napa wines. The Rose, Chard proprietary white blend are fantastic as well. The Nebbiolo/Pinot blend is a newbie. Have not had it.

Jill - AFWE is “Anti-Flavor Wine Elite.” It’s the badge of honor many of us took in opposition to the Parker palate.

Order in!

Thanks David! Stay Healthy!

David, Thanks! I’ll get an order in soon. Just have finish teaching.

popped a rose the other day and it was great, as usual…going back for more. i’m not sure i’ve shared a matthiasson wine with someone who outright disliked it.

Glad to hear, Joe.

Order in!

Thank you!

It’s getting consistently hot down here in Texas and I’m thinking (barring another cold snap) we might be outside of peak shipping season. If I put in an order could you hold it for me until the fall?

You bet. Just put a note in when you put the order in. In another month or so we’ll also be offering upgraded shipping in a refrigerated truck for hotter climates, if you want. We will cover the regular shipping cost and would just pay for the upgrade.

Thanks!

Arriving tomorrow, Sunday!

You can purchase across the board from Matthiasson without fear and they’ll actually teach you a few things along the way.

Thanks Brig!

Matthiasson was part of the Blitz…

From what I can remember. LOL

And Jill has come down to Socal a couple of times for dinners. True Bersekers, say no more.

Side note: what did they do during the big Napa earthquake when their house got knocked off the foundation? They bottled wine to raise money for others.

Solid humans.