Incredible Aged Chenin Library Offering - VDLT

Domaine Gigou is likely the finest producer of Chenin Blanc in the Loire Valley that you’ve never heard of. Located in Jasnières in the Far North of the region near Le Mans. Joël Gigou is recognized as the savior of this appellation. With his son Ludo and the rest of the family, they produce very traditional Chenin in a truly artisanal manner.

I have had the pleasure of tasting through many past vintages and have been astounded by how lively, fresh and wonderful these wines are. It took some time and much coaxing (ok, pleading) but Joël agreed to release some of these beauties from his private cellar where they have been resting for decades. Together, we have selected the ones that consistently demonstrate the glories of mature Chenin in the hands of a master.

The Saint Jacques vineyard is regarded as one of the appellation’s finest. The Gigou plots were planted just after WWII, so the wines below would have qualified as old vine even then. Five of the wines are dry and one is sweet.

Through VDLT Direct, you can have these wines delivered straight to your door in about a few weeks. The 6-bottle collection is just $315. Shipping on the Collection is free for Berserkers using code: Chenin Direct (a $48 value). This offer is available to ship to the Continental US. Interested EU Berserkers interested should contact me before ordering.

The Gigou Library Release Collection includes one each of these. All are available individually as well.

1986 Jasnières Saint Jacques

1988 Jasnières Sélection de Raisins Nobles*

1989 Jasnières Saint Jacques

1990 Jasnières Saint Jacques

1992 Jasnières Saint Jacques

1996 Jasnières Sélection de Raisins Nobles

*Sélection de Raisins Nobles is typically sweet but vinified dry in 1988

Greg, Would you mind explaining how the package comes to us, especially stateside? Costums clearance? FedEx delivery? etc.
It might be helpful for people to know in advance. I’m certainly interested in some of these offers although now that the South-West is heating up I’m probably not too keen on having more deliveries from the East Coast.

Peter

It would come to you via Fedex fully cleared by customs. You would receive typical Fedex tracking notifications. Our European shipping company and VDLT handle all of the legal stuff and logistics.

Many of these are limited supplies so if there are offerings of interest, we can likely arrange a hold on a pre-paid order at the Domaine. The key to VDLT Direct is that there is no break of bulk point in the US, which makes it feasible.

Did I answer all of your questions?

Greg, That’s perfect, thanks! I’ll be interested in some of the offers from Italy that you’ll offer in a few days.