Rasa Vineyards - WA State special bottling, excellent QPR

Hi Berserkers,

A few of us tend to frequent both the CellarTracker forum and Wine Berserkers Forum. I’m posting this offer on behalf of Rasa Vineyards and the CT Forum crowd.

In prior years one or the things we’ve done in the CT Forum is contract some “custom crush” projects. I’ve coordinated the Washington State CT special projects in (2012, 2014, and 2016) and Rasa Winery has been super supportive of the CT crowd by making available insane fruit sources (DuBrul, SJR, Upland and Bacchus) in producing these exceptional wines for us at their cost. Well, times are a bit tight right now in the Food and Beverage sector, and this offer is a quick something to help our friends at Rasa out.

2012 Rasa CT Wines - Bacchus Vyd Syrah and Upland Vyd Syrah
2014 Rasa CT Wines - SJR Vyd (Rocks District) Syrah and DuBrul Vyd Cabernet Sauvignon
2016 Rasa CT Wines - SJR Vyd (Rocks District) Syrah and DuBrul Vyd Cabernet Sauvignon

Rasa had a bottling run for some of their 2018 wines in March, and they find themselves with a couple extra barrels of tremendous juice as they head into their scheduled May bottling run. So they have reached out to me to see if we might be interested in another CT Special bottling at a tremendously attractive price…but the fuse is a bit short on this one to get the bottles and corks purchased by May!

Specifics:

• $100/6-pack (plus applicable Tax & Shipping) or $200/12-pack (plus applicable Tax w/ FREE Shipping)

• The wine will be a blend that Pinto/Billo select as the best possible blend with some of their excess juice. The final wine would be equivalent or better in quality than their QED label, so >= $38+ value equivalent for ~$17

• They need a minimum of 50 Cases pre-ordered by April 17th with a target of 100 cases to make the bottling most cost effective. If they hit the pre-order mark of 50 cases they will leave the pre-order open until 4/30 to get as close to 100 cases as possible and will start reaching out for payment and shipping info the week of 4/22.

*** BONUS ********************

I’m personally making this offer as Pinto and Billo have been amazing to work with on the prior CT Wine projects and there were some great wines made.

For every pre-order there will be a raffle entry for two bonus Rasa CT Project wine assortments (one 3-pk, one 6-pk). Any pre-order of this CT Special bottling and you will get one entry for your 6/pk or three entries for your 12/pk order).

That’s about it. For one or two Benjamin’s, you can help our friends at Rasa and get some amazing QPR juice for your cellar and maybe a bonus prize as well. Cheers and thank you!

Email pinto@rasavineyards.com to place a preorder, and feel free to share with other wine friends (let’s try to help them reach the goal of 100 cases)

Scott, can you talk about the style of wines these are??

In for some cases…good luck. Email sent.

I am not familiar with the winery. Are the 2014 Rasa CT Wines - SJR Vyd (Rocks District) Syrah and DuBrul Vyd Cabernet Sauvignon & the 2016 Rasa CT Wines - SJR Vyd (Rocks District) Syrah and DuBrul Vyd Cabernet Sauvignon a blend of syrah and cab or is it one bottle of syrah and one bottle of cab?

Thanks

This sounds like it could be up my alley. I have the same question as the previous post.

It reads like it’s 1 wine blended with the leftover 2018 stuff. I misread it all too.

I took it to mean a blend of Syrah and Cab. I’m in for 2 cases. Hard to lose @ $17 & free shipping. [wow.gif]

A little confused as well, but interested. Is the final blend going to be a 2018 Cab/Syrah blend?

Yes, please clarify Scott.

The QED is pretty darn good for the price, so I signed up for the offer. QED is a Rhone blend, mostly Syrah, but Rasa has made a Cab/Syrah blend under the PB label.

Sorry all, was tied up in work calls all afternoon.

Here is what Billo posted to the forum in response to same question.

We have yet to finalize the blend, but more than likely it will have Bordeaux and Rhone varieties. CS and Syrah will make up at least 50% of the blend, with Merlot, Grenache, CF, and PV making up the rest. It will go through a very rigorous blending cycle (usually 80-100 different blends) and we will come up with something that is very tasty and overdelivers for the price point.

The vineyards for the various fruit include Kiona, XL, Firethorn, DuBrul, Bacchus, Dionysus, Weinbau.

FYI, this wine will have a very simple back label. This basically fulfills the labeling requirements for the TTB. You can put any front label on it that you wish.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Thank you!
-Billo

Sorry about that…we bottled one Cab (DuBrul) and one Syrah (SJR) in those two vintages. I consider both vineyards to be benchmarks for those two varieties in WA State.

I’ll be putting together the Raffle bonus bottles from the prior CT Barrel project vintages, so some of these will definitely be included

Thanks for jogging my memory Scott. I started buying QED @ $50 years ago from StoryTeller. High marks and a friend said buy more after we shared some bottles over the years, still a few left.

Love the folks at Rasa, will be in for a 6er, thanks Scott!

This is pretty awesome, between Cellar Tracker and the Berserker activity today we’ve hit 48 cases in three days! Keep it rolling, target is 100 cases.

Something Arlo Guthrie said about being part of a movement. [drinkers.gif]

Do you have a rough estimate of ABV? Some red blends get a little too hot for me.

I’m liking that they are Rush fans.

Scott/Billo

Can you ship this to CT? If so, what would be shipping cost on 6 pack to CT?

Trying to figure out whether to go for 6 or 12!

Thanks

Love me some Rasa. Thanks for the offer!

In for 6! Never tried Rasa and this looks like a great way to do so!