Grand Reserve World Mastercard - Earn up to 8x Points On BD12

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD12
Forum rules
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

Re: Grand Reserve World Mastercard - Earn up to 8x Points On BD12

#201 Post by matthewgoldman »

Kedar Dubhashi wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:41 pm What do people think of the Vault offerings this month?
So far people seem to love them. We announced them less than 30 minutes ago and a couple of nice bottle (Shafer and Saxum) were already picked up!

Don't worry though, as we grow the number of cardmembers (thanks again to the help of everyone on this forum supporting) we will put more options in the Vault!
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

Chadly S
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#202 Post by Chadly S »

matthewgoldman wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:36 am
Kedar Dubhashi wrote: April 6th, 2021, 10:41 pm What do people think of the Vault offerings this month?
So far people seem to love them. We announced them less than 30 minutes ago and a couple of nice bottle (Shafer and Saxum) were already picked up!

Don't worry though, as we grow the number of cardmembers (thanks again to the help of everyone on this forum supporting) we will put more options in the Vault!
I personally thought they were great. I jumped on the Krug when Saxum sold out. Thanks for the cool options.
Chad Szczepanski

Kedar Dubhashi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#203 Post by Kedar Dubhashi »

When they went up on the website yesterday, the numbers were different. Shafer was at 54,166 points, Opus One was at 162,500 points. Looks like the numbers changed since my last post.

matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#204 Post by matthewgoldman »

Kedar Dubhashi wrote: April 7th, 2021, 12:51 pm When they went up on the website yesterday, the numbers were different. Shafer was at 54,166 points, Opus One was at 162,500 points. Looks like the numbers changed since my last post.
Yes, some items were priced incorrectly prior to our official announcement today, but prices only came down and no one purchased at the incorrect/higher point value. Some technical issues that we will learn from for next month!
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

Kedar Dubhashi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#205 Post by Kedar Dubhashi »

Is ProofLoyalty charging tax twice? There is a 8.3% markup from the original price converted to points. And then there is another 10% markup at the time of checkout.

Chateau Margaux did not have this 8.3% markup.

matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#206 Post by matthewgoldman »

Kedar Dubhashi wrote: April 7th, 2021, 2:04 pm Is ProofLoyalty charging tax twice? There is a 8.3% markup from the original price converted to points. And then there is another 10% markup at the time of checkout.

Chateau Margaux did not have this 8.3% markup.
No, tax is charged on checkout based on your shipping address, etc.

There isn't a markup per se on the Vault. Some of these wines (like the Opus) you can't really find on the market, so we're doing our best estimate as to the retail value and pricing based on the cost, etc. The goal in the Vault is for wines to be rare, collectible, and a great deal (which is not to say always the exact same deal in terms of point value).
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

Dennis Atick
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#207 Post by Dennis Atick »

How long did it take people to get a card once approved? I got an approval email 17 days ago and still no card. Weird.
@decaturwinedude

matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#208 Post by matthewgoldman »

Dennis Atick wrote: April 12th, 2021, 9:17 am How long did it take people to get a card once approved? I got an approval email 17 days ago and still no card. Weird.
It shouldn't take that long, even with USPS problems.

Can you please email us at hello <at> grandreservecard <dot> com from the email address you used on your application and request a replacement card?
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

Kedar Dubhashi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#209 Post by Kedar Dubhashi »

Nothing new at ProofLoyalty for this month?

Dan Hammer
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#210 Post by Dan Hammer »

Kedar Dubhashi wrote: May 5th, 2021, 10:24 pm Nothing new at ProofLoyalty for this month?
It was the travel items that pushed me over the edge to get the card. I know it's not bait and switch, but still.
This space for rent.

cjsavino
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#211 Post by cjsavino »

Those new vault offerings did not last long, were their only a few bottles?
Chris

J. Rock
GCC Member
GCC Member

#212 Post by J. Rock »

I LOVE their vault offerings, but I hate that they are sold out before I know they're there (and I check every day in hopes I'll see when they arrive). I know that they are one-off special selections, but I hope I'm lucky enough to get one eventually. I've got over 100k points, but nothing on the site really excites me that much (other than the vault offerings and the Trotanoy that sold out).
J o r d a n

WOTY 2020: 1982 Cakebread Cellars Sauvignon Blanc Late Harvest Rutherford Gold

Albert R
GCC Member
GCC Member

#213 Post by Albert R »

J. Rock wrote: May 11th, 2021, 3:24 pm I LOVE their vault offerings, but I hate that they are sold out before I know they're there (and I check every day in hopes I'll see when they arrive). I know that they are one-off special selections, but I hope I'm lucky enough to get one eventually. I've got over 100k points, but nothing on the site really excites me that much (other than the vault offerings and the Trotanoy that sold out).
Yeap! That was swift and fast!
@. Re-go

Ken Strauss
GCC Member
GCC Member

#214 Post by Ken Strauss »

Albert R wrote:
J. Rock wrote: May 11th, 2021, 3:24 pm I LOVE their vault offerings, but I hate that they are sold out before I know they're there (and I check every day in hopes I'll see when they arrive). I know that they are one-off special selections, but I hope I'm lucky enough to get one eventually. I've got over 100k points, but nothing on the site really excites me that much (other than the vault offerings and the Trotanoy that sold out).
Yeap! That was swift and fast!

Yes indeed!
Made me think I have to check every day.
If we wait for the email update they are gone!
"Explaining is not supporting."

"Independence is a state of mind"

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#215 Post by J.Vizuete »

I logged in based on the email and nabbed an 02 Cristal. Within 10 minutes they were sold out though.

I’m hoping they reload those Conterno glasses and Zalto Unis/Bordeaux.
J0HN
CT: jviz
WOTY 2021: 1985 Bollinger VVF, 2017 Joly Coulée de Serrant, 1982 Latour

EAScrog
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#216 Post by EAScrog »

I wish they'd add more sparklers; they can even be quality domestics. Or a mixed case of "A tour of the champagne region" would be fun. The Cristal disappeared FAST!

I like the idea of the card, but am having difficulty finding rewards I want that I don't already have, or can't get locally for a small amount of cash. I'll be evaluating my use before the renewal date and annual fee comes up.
e l i z a B e t h

Kedar Dubhashi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#217 Post by Kedar Dubhashi »

They will have more next month. Have faith that you will find your perfect match.

Kedar Dubhashi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#218 Post by Kedar Dubhashi »

CBarnesPL wrote: March 9th, 2021, 9:21 am Jordan & Luca- I clearly owe you both an apology for delayed shipping. Our agreement with our winery partners is to ship within 48 hours, weather dependent. That said, it is ProofLoyalty's responsibility to follow up on the orders and make sure there are no issues, and communicate any delays to our customers.

Jordan- I couldn't find your order. Please contact me directly so that I can determine which order is yours. My cell: 415.297.0084

Luca- we just brought DuPuis winery onto our platform and although they confirmed the order when you submitted it, they've so far failed to ship. I have calls into them.

Regards,

Chris Barnes
Founder
ProofLoyalty
Chris, when will my order, on a Vault offering placed seven days back on June 16th, ship? Thank you.

Mark Morrissette
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#219 Post by Mark Morrissette »

I just wanted to drop a comment here to note that I have had *absurdly good* customer service from Grand Reserve people.

The web interface is very good to begin with, but when I have reached out to customer support for help with a question or problem relating to a rewards purchase, the team has been incredibly responsive, and come up with solutions I would not have thought possible.

Count me as a highly enthusiastic customer!

Dan Hammer
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#220 Post by Dan Hammer »

Dan Hammer wrote: May 6th, 2021, 2:45 pm
Kedar Dubhashi wrote: May 5th, 2021, 10:24 pm Nothing new at ProofLoyalty for this month?
It was the travel items that pushed me over the edge to get the card. I know it's not bait and switch, but still.
Any update on travel items that were touted when the card was introduced?
This space for rent.

Ron Slye
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#221 Post by Ron Slye »

There are some travel items in the catalog of the rewards section -- things like 2 days in Napa, etc. Is there something else that may be provided but is not yet?

P. Dias
GCC Member
GCC Member

#222 Post by P. Dias »

I received today's email about new items in The Vault and wanted to spend some points. Is flat rate shipping really $40 per bottle? This is what is coming up for me when I try to order.
P e d r o

CBarnesPL

#223 Post by CBarnesPL »

HI P.Dias- Shipping should be included in all Vault orders. I'm looking into this now and will get back to you.

Regards,

Chris Barnes
Founder
ProofLoyalty

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#224 Post by J.Vizuete »

PSA - Conterno Sensory glasses are back in the rewards section for those like me who were interested in trying that glass. 30K pts for 2 or 50K pts for 4 glasses, very much in line with retail pricing
J0HN

Jeremy C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#225 Post by Jeremy C »

J.Vizuete wrote: October 5th, 2021, 3:19 pm PSA - Conterno Sensory glasses are back in the rewards section for those like me who were interested in trying that glass. 30K pts for 2 or 50K pts for 4 glasses, very much in line with retail pricing
Thanks for the tip.

And I have not read this enire thread to know if this has already been discussed, but on what valuation of GRMC points are you basing your thinking that the above pricing is in line with that of retail? It would appear that 50k points for 4 glasses ($300 value by my checking) equates to 0.6 cents per point. That would typically be low for CC points, but this is an atypical CC so maybe that is indeed in line.
Cuth.bert.son

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#226 Post by J.Vizuete »

Jeremy C wrote: October 6th, 2021, 7:11 am
J.Vizuete wrote: October 5th, 2021, 3:19 pm PSA - Conterno Sensory glasses are back in the rewards section for those like me who were interested in trying that glass. 30K pts for 2 or 50K pts for 4 glasses, very much in line with retail pricing
Thanks for the tip.

And I have not read this enire thread to know if this has already been discussed, but on what valuation of GRMC points are you basing your thinking that the above pricing is in line with that of retail? It would appear that 50k points for 4 glasses ($300 value by my checking) equates to 0.6 cents per point. That would typically be low for CC points, but this is an atypical CC so maybe that is indeed in line.
I will leave it to the credit card experts but clearly some values are better than others. That is particularly true in the Vault offerings, where the actual market value of the wine is more of a range. Rare Wine Co offers a similar pricine structure for the Conterno Glass; so I was happy to order 4 of them; as others have raved about this glass. Grassl glasses equate to $45 (7500 pts) as well
J0HN

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#227 Post by Luca Giupponi »

CBarnesPL wrote: October 5th, 2021, 3:05 pm HI P.Dias- Shipping should be included in all Vault orders. I'm looking into this now and will get back to you.
Running into the same issue. I just emailed support.

Return to “BerserkerDay 12 (Jan 27, 2021) "The Black Friday of Wine Commerce" - Forbes”