Patricia Green Cellars Berserker Day Muscat Ottonel Re-Run

Berserker Day 2021
Patricia Green Cellars

This is a little bit of a rerun for the long-timers here. Back in April we, along with many other wineries and businesses, posted offerings to give folks something to do and deal while we were doing the quarantining thing. My how time has…evolved. The small offering we are doing for Berserker Day 12 is a mini-repeat of one of the offers we posted, albeit with a different vintage.

We, as all wineries in Oregon and so many in California and even Washington, were struck during harvest with a series of wildfires that led to wines that are severely damaged by the smoke generated by these blazes. We will produce a mere fraction of the wine we normally would from the vintage and, thus, are having to stretch existing inventories for basically double the period of time we would normally expect. That is severely limiting our options on what we can offer. However, this wine proved to be a VERY POPULAR quarantine item as it satisfied lots of requirements in that it was ready to drink, easy drinking, inexpensive and a great day drinker as it is low in alcohol. This may not be the primary wine you are interested in on this Day or even the wine you are looking to get from Patricia Green Cellars. Nonetheless, it will be a fantastic addition to your BD12 haul and if you absolutely have to Pobega something as the boxes begin to arrive this will be a great choice!

2018 Dry Muscat Ottonel, Oak Grove Vineyard: It may seem like a stretch to go in on a case of Muscat which is, quite likely, a variety that you would fart at given most opportunities. But, you should stop holding your finger out for it to get pulled in this case. This is a now-defunct project of ours because it is hard to find a home for this variety. It is bone-dry. It is floral. It is light. It is 10.9% alcohol. It goes with everything from raw oysters to spicy Thai/Indian/Korean/whatever food. It’s good for some “taking the edge off” day drinking if you’re so inclined these days, and who isn’t these days? I promise you that this is THE Patricia Green Cellars wine I drink all the time. I absolutely love it. It’s fresh to death and is just easy and delicious. I wish there was a place in the world for this but we have not found it and stopped producing it after the 2018 vintage. If you want a dork wine with which to fly your Wine Dork Flag without announcing yourself as some natural wine weirdo then this is it!

6-pack: $90
12-pack $150

That is shipping (ground) included. Come on. $12.50/bottle shipped for a case. What, what, what? Yeah. This might be the least expensive bottle offered up today.

Go to: Patricia Green Cellars

YOU MUST READ THE FIRST PARAGRAPH!! It tells you what you need to do to ensure that the shipping does NOT get auto-calculated and is left at zero. It’s just a code you need to enter.

We ship to all states in the Lower 48 except for Utah, but then again if you live in Utah you already knew that.

For those is Alaska and Hawaii charge an additional fee, but you likely know that as well.

Hope people take advantage of this deal on this delicious and easy little wine. If you have questions please contact me at jim@patriciagreencellars.com.

1 Like

We bought and consumed a case of this last year. Really nice wine with a killer price!
In for another.

2 Likes

Love this stuff. Goes way too quick.

1 Like

Sounds like fun! We’re in for a case.

1 Like

We were very happy to find an audience this spring for this wine. I’ve loved making it but due to slow sales of it we transitioned from this to a skin contact version that’s equally fun if entirely different and has a lot more national sales traction. So, the 2018 was the last iteration of this bottling. I need to remember to snag 3-4 cases myself before this runs dry!

1 Like

Order in for a half case - looking forward to quaffing and wishing I had more!

This was one of our best discoveries last year…fantastic to sip (or gulp) by the pool in the summer. So happy to reload with a case.

Yes! This made quarantine a bit sunnier. Looking forward to having it again.

In for a six pack!

How’s it do on the chilly coast?

In for a case! Love this wine! We went through lots of it last Summer.

I’ve got no problems with it there! You know how that Oregon coast is. If it’s over 70 and sunny it feels WAY hotter than it is.

1 Like

Ah PGC Muscat…It’s not just for breakfast anymore!

In for a case. Be well Jim.

Does it have a year or two of aging left in it?

A half case for weaning the wife off PGris. [thumbs-up.gif]

I think it does fine. People really liked the '17 back in the spring. The pH is like 3.10 so it won’t fall apart. Had a bottle of the '16 recently and it tasted fresh.

Thanks Jim. I am in for a case but I do drink other dry whites. Didn’t want to down these in six months.

Jim, I’d like a case and am local. Can we add to my orders? Thanks. Joe

Yep. They’ll figure it out.

I will buy some because:

1. I have to reduce my consumption of real wines with real alcohol due to medical issues so 10.5% ABV may be allowed.
  2. My son loves weirdo white wines.
  3. If all else fails, it will make a killer base for slow roasted pork shoulder a law matignon.