NEWBIE INTRO - JAMONES SIN FRONTERAS Gourmet Online Store

Spain on your table

Jamones Sin Fronteras is a US East Coast based company. We mainly offer the best in class imported Spanish food for retail, restaurants, caterings and other retailers. We specially provide the best Spanish Iberico ham in the market at the best price. Let me introduce a little about Iberico ham and the different seals you will be finding around the market.

The Iberico Pork Association in Spain (ASICI) presented the seals system of the new Iberico Ham quality rule for Spanish market. This “new” system allow to consumers choose exactly what kind of Iberico they want. The identification system warrant the quality of the item from race, feeding and animal management point of view.

The system was created by MAPAMA (Ministerio de Agricultura y Pesca, AlimentaciĂłn y Medio Ambiente) and the iberico ham market for ensuring the trazability control and transparency of their productions, with only one goal in mind, offer to consumers the highest quality with the maximum warranty.

What the colors mean?
As the current regulations in force, Ibérico hams marketed in Spain have to be accompanied by one of these four quality seals based on their color category:

Black Seal: Acorn Fed 100% Ibérico Ham. A seal certifying that the mother and father of the pig in question are 100% Ibérico registered in the Stud Book; and that the animal, in its fattening stage, fed on acorns and other natural resources of the pasture.

Red Seal: Acorn Fed Ibérico Ham, comes from animals of 75% of Ibérico race or animals of 50% Iberico race and that in its fattening stage were fed with acorns and other natural resources of the pasture.

Green Seal: Field Cebo Ham, can come from 100% Iberian or 75% or 50% Iberian breed fed in its fattening stage with cereal and legumes feed and with field herbs.

White Seal: Ibérico Cebo Ham, can come from 100% Ibérico or 75% or 50% Ibérico breed, fed on farms based on cereals and legumes.

In summary, talking about how we make sure we have an iberico ham, it has to have one of the four different color seals and the ASICI stamp on it.

Also, in USA, the USDA through FDA make sure the pig traceability isn’t broken from Spain to your house.

We are currently two main brands on Iberico, Fermin and Montaraz. Why only two these brands?

Fermin was the first Iberico brand to arrive in the US. For more than 60 years, FermĂ­n has been producing the highest quality lberico products in the world and they produce and import the largest number of Iberico dry cured products in the market. FERMIN produces based on artisanal process, located in the Sierra de Francia, more than l,000 meters in elevation in the heart of a National Park declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, the medieval and magical village of La Alberca, has the perfect micro climate for our products to dry and age naturally. This climate allows us to continue our traditional methods to guarantee the best quality of our products.

Montaraz started out more than 125 years ago, they have maintained the traditional production process, respecting century old salting and curing processes in natural drying sheds. Time and experience come together to gif our Montaraz Acorn-Fed Iberian Ham the flavour and aroma that make it an exquisite, pleasant delicacy, a masterpiece that opens the doors to a world of extraordinary, exclusive sensorial experiences.

La Dehesa has an enormous ecological value and a model of harmonious living between man and the land, the meadows are a natural ecosystem of holm oaks and cork oaks that is unique in the world. A landscape that only Iberian pigs bred in the wild contemplate every day.

The moment of inspiration comes when you can appreciate all the nuances of Montaraz Iberian Ham. A ceremony in which trained smell and taste welcome the harmony between what is sweet and what is sweet and what is savoury. It is the perfect pairing for your wine.

champagne.gif [cheers.gif] [snort.gif] [snort.gif] KEEP AN EYE ON US!! WE’LL BE RELEASING AMAZING AND AFFORDABLE YUMMI SALES!!

Welcome!

1 Like

Looks amazing! I have always been intimidated to buy as I don’t know how to store, serve, etc. how does this work? Thank you for the knowledge.

1 Like

Oh no! My wallet!

1 Like

Yummy! Looking forward to this!

Do the colors differentiate any difference in quality? And do the diets impact the flavor profile?

Welcome aboard!

The way I read this:
“…best ham…best price…”

I will join GCC just for this.

I miss Spain and jamĂłn so much.

1 Like

So there’s 4 colors… and 2 hams being offered.

what color are each of the ham? :smiley: am i missing the connection?

Mathematics would say their offer will be between 2 to 8 different hams. One color from each producer or 4 colors from each producer or some other combo from 1 to 4 each.

Hi! Thank you for asking.

Storage isn’t a big deal. As soon as you start it, the best way to keep it in good shape would be saving a big slice of fat and putting it on top covering the actual ham. Also covering with a piece of cotton fabric would be fine.

Hi!!

Well color depends on several factors. We only have in stock 100% or 50% IBERICO. The color and flavors are much more intense on the porks Fed during the acorn season “Montaneria”, but also curation processes are important to concentrate flavors.

Everything we have in catalog are Fed with 100% organic grains and legumes. There’s also an important factor as the free-range that also provides a more intense flavor than hams from non free-range pigs.

1 Like

I hope not disappoint you. We do have offers that you won’t find nowhere in US. Keep an eye on us, we have limited number of pieces for the big offers. [thankyou.gif]

1 Like

The only seal we won’t offer is the red seal. Everything else you’ll see it in our offers. But basically we are going to include

• Black Seal from FermĂ­n and Montaraz
  • Green seal 100% IbĂ©rico from FermĂ­n
  • Green seal 50% IbĂ©rico Free range from FermĂ­n and Montaraz
  • White seal 50% IbĂ©rico from FermĂ­n

In addition to the chorizos, salchichones and loins (black-green-white)

Correct. We will be also including two green seals, so 5 different hams (Fermin and Montaraz), and 5 different shoulders ( also both brands)

We’ll do our best for you to keep money for wine as well:)

Keep an eye on us, we have wonderful offers ready to go!

2 Likes

Victor do we slice these at home? I saw your note about covering with fat. How does it work for those not familiar? How can it stay safe- what do we do storage wise? Thank you in advance. How long is it safe to eat- do we leave it at room temp?

Hi Ryan.

Yes, this is for slicing at home. Slicing a ham/shoulder at home isn’t a big deal but always has to be done in a safe way. Always watching out where the other hand (the one is not holding the knife) is and not placing that hand in the way of the knife. For those worried about potential injuries slicing a ham/shoulder, we provide that service for an additional cost. Shoulders slicing take 2 hours and hams take 4 hours .

Keeping a ham or a shoulder in good shape, covering properly with fat and a piece of cotton fabric gives you more than 6-8 weeks. I never had that time a ham or shoulder due the eaters at home :slight_smile: . However, expect to get more cured the meat that is closer to the slicing area if you keep it started for more than 8 weeks. That’s part of the curation process. Often you could get a kind of white film of mold but no worries, just remove it with a piece of paper towel and oil (vegetable oil, if don’t have it use olive oil). We have a good post talking about that in our website. My recommendation is to keep the ham or shoulder in a dry and no too warm place since humid and warm places make increase that mold.

It si very typical in Spain, that after that time you take to eat most of the ham, the leftovers of hard and cured ham are used for making croquettes.

Thank you! Much appreciated

A couple of months ago, I ordered one of Victor’s Ibericos and shared it with my Zoom group. We took advantage of having it sliced, which added to the cost, but well worth it, and they put the ham into vacuumed 1lb packages. I ended up with two of them.

Well, the obvious question, was it any good? It was phenomenal, within a hair of the best I bought when I was in Spain, and far better than most I got there. The fat was super silky, the meat perfect, and even with 2lbs at hand, I still had to ration myself.

Victor is great to deal, and helped me through the choosing of the right leg. Worked out at about $100 a pound all in, which by Iberico standards, is very, very good. Highly recommended.

Forgot to mention the spicy chorizo is pretty good too.

2 Likes