NEWBIE INTRO - Trathen Hall Wines

Hello Berserkers,

We are Blair Trathen and Arabella Hall from Trathen Hall Wines and extremely happy to be showing our wines for the first time at BD.

Trathen Hall is a small production Willamette Valley producer focusing on single vineyard Pinot Noir wines along with Chardonnay, Riesling and Sauvignon Blanc sourced from organically and biodynamically farmed vineyards throughout Oregon’s Willamette Valley.

We are a husband and wife winemaking team with over 40 years of combined experience in NZ, Australia, South Africa, New York and Oregon. Our affection for Pinot Noir took hold early on and we spent a number of years working for Pinot Noir producers in Central Otago (Gibbston Valley, Mt Difficulty, Peregrine and Valli) and in Oregon (Archery Summit, Beaux Freres, Rex Hill/A to Z, Scott Paul, Shea and Patricia Green Cellars). We ultimately settled in Oregon and in 2009 we launched Trathen Hall Wines.

Wine Style: We aim to produce, varietally expressive wines that exemplify time and place. We typically use up to 50% whole cluster in our Pinot Noir ferments, with gentle pigeage and slow cool native fermentations, albeit this will depend on vineyard, vintage and overall fruit condition. All of our wines, both red and white, are aged in neutral French oak barrels.

For more info on us please check out www.trathenhallwines.com

Many cheers from Blair, Arabella and Ava

Quality stuff here.

Thanks Randy! Looking forward to putting out some hot deals into the Berserker community.

Sharing a tasting note from a bottle I had recently. I enjoyed it a lot!

2017 Trathen Hall Pinot Noir Ana Vineyard

This needs time and or a very long and healthy decant to show how vibrant and tasty this wine is. This is my first time with this wine and winery and it reminds me of an Anthill Farms wine from Sonoma - in that there is a pronounced Strawberry Rhubarb and mineral-infused acidity. Taste goes on for quite some time and has everything I want in an American pinot.

Cheers Alex… Thanks for posting your tasting notes.
Ana Vineyard is in the Dundee Hills AVA. Its was originally planted in the 70’s and therefore has the old school 9’ foot row spacing. It is steep and faces due west.
Archery Summit’s Arcus Vineyard and Weber Vineyard are neighbors for those that might be more familiar with those names.

Thanks, Blair. I’ve been wanting to try your wines for a while now! Welcome!

1 Like

Oh, nice. Thanks David.

Great credentials, and great vineyards. I’ll have to give away some wines to make room, but I don’t want to miss trying your wines.

Cheers Peter. Our BD-12 offer is the heaviest discount we have ever offered, (sorry wine cub members) so hopefully we sneak into your budget.