NEWBIE INTRO: Suzor Wines // Oregon Pinot & Gamay

Hello Berserkers

We are NEWBIES, Suzor Wines. Started in 2011 with the sole goal of making classic Oregon Pinot Noir and Chardonnay.

About Us
We are Suzor Wines, a small family label entirely made by a two person team. My family hails from the Loire Valley, where I spent summers visiting the wineries of Chinon, Vouvray and Montlouis. My first harvest was in 2002 at Ponzi Vineyards, followed by studying winemaking in Beaune in 2006. Over the years I have worked at Hamacher, Mt. Difficulty, Archery Summit, Trisaetum and Domaine Lucien Jacob, as well as working alongside Josh Bergstrom and Jacques Lardiere from Louis Jadot Wines. MĂ©lissa (my wife, partner and the other half of Suzor) worked harvest in the Loire, and then as sommelier at Frenchie in Paris before making her way to Oregon.

Our Wines
We make less than 700 cases of wine annually, mostly Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and a tiny amount of Gamay Noir and Rosé. Stylistically, Burgundy is our model, fashioning classic wines that can age beautifully and show the elegance of the vineyards. We have access to amazing fruit through Greg’s mothers vineyard, Menefee Vineyards, in the Yamhill-Carlton AVA. Sustainably farmed, this cooler site is the constant for producing wines that are fruit driven, bright and balanced.

Inspired by the old world, we believe in extended Ă©levage, with Pinots seeing eighteen months in barrel and a year in bottle prior to release. We practice hands-off winemaking, rely on native yeast fermentations and tremendous patience.

Recent Accolade
Ian Cauble recently noted “This stunning Pinot Noir is a showpiece for a young winery that works “Old World” magic with pure Willamette Valley fruit. After a few years in bottle, it has evolved into a silky and elegant wine that re-defines what’s possible at this price point.” read the sommselect feature here SommSelect - - Daily Offer - Suzor, Yamhill-Carton Pinot Noir “The Tower” Willamette Valley, Oregon 2015.

Discover more by visiting us at https://www.suzorwines.com and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions.

We can’t wait to share our wines with you and are excited to be a part of our first BD12!
Cheers,
Greg & Melissa

1 Like

Hi Greg, welcome to Wine Berserkers!!! Sirpa and I need to find a way to come taste with you guys soon!

Would love that, drop me a ring and we can set up something! Barrel samplings maybe? Looking forward to it.
Cheers,
Greg

Looking at your website I see many of your current wines are sold out.

I hope you have some good wines left to offer.

We will have our best offers yet… and may or may not be doing a special pre-release of one of our best sellers for BD12! Ah the suspense.

2015 The tower was phenomenal! Really looking forward to this offer!

Thank you! We are test driving the 2015 tonight! It is tasting as we remembered. Berserkers may get the grand finale before we retire it to our library.

In advance of Berserker Day, we opened a 2014 Suzor The Tower on Friday night. Delicious and still very youthful. I finished the bottle last night, but my first impressions on Friday night included a spice note. Perhaps Pommard in the mix? Anyway, looking forward to the offer.

We love that you celebrated with a bottle in advance of BD12. Yes, about 30% of the fruit is Pommard from my mother’s vineyard, Menefee. It’s a high elevation site on the foothills of the coastal range, cooler with little afternoon sun. Cheers!