NEWBIE INTRO - Walter Scott Wines

Hi Berserkers!!

We wanted to share some information about our winery with you as we prepare for Berserker Day and the Auction… Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions.
Walter Scott_20161021_212 (1).jpg
Winery Bio:

Ken and Erica started Walter Scott in 2008 after years of living, studying and working within the Oregon wine industry. Ken spent 18 years working for some of Oregon’s top winemakers, learning both production and marketing, while Erica is both an Advanced Sommelier and wine educator, focusing much of her passion on the Willamette Valley. Their first vintage was produced at Patricia Green Cellars with Jim and Patty, followed by two vintages at Evening Land where we worked alongside Dominique Lafon and began making Chardonnay, which has contributed significantly to the production.

In 2012, Walter Scott moved into a small winery space in the Eola-Amity Hills and Sue and Andy Steinman joined the winery, helping the business realize goals and grow production.

Today, Walter Scott specializes in Chardonnay and Pinot noir from exceptional vineyards sourced primarily from the Eola-Amity Hills appellation and has earned a position among the great producers of Pinot noir and Chardonnay in the Willamette Valley.

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 1.16.19 PM 2.png
IMG_0448 2.JPG
Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 9.15.21 AM.png

4 Likes

Uh oh.

3 Likes

I’ll second that!!

Lots of discussion on WineBerserkers recently. So much so that I went to Grapes in White Plains to purchase some entry Chards. All $25 - $30 ‘entry’ level chards should taste that good. I realize that I shouldn’t post this publicly, as I might miss out on the deal if I’m not fast on the trigger when the deal comes out. So be it. Welcome Erica. [cheers.gif]

1 Like

oh man. this is gonna be dangerous!

just in case anyone is new to Wine Berserkers or hasn’t heard of these guys at Walter Scott yet… you should jump on whatever this offer will be.

Yeah, not exactly fair to call them a ‘newbie’ when they did THIS

Nope and I recall something about a potential Walter Scott Berserker Cuvee that day.

Yeah is there a way to make sure that’s a thing besides cross our fingers? Man I’m stoked about that

It is a good thing that I didn’t set a budget for BD. I just had my first Walter Scott wine last week and it was phenomenal - was already thinking about ordering more since I don’t expect the remaining 5 bottles I purchased will last long.

Cannot wait - almost pulled the trigger on a large Walter Scott order last week.

My wallet is now especially thankful for that being “almost”…

Watch Out!!

flirtysmile

Love you Matt!!!

1 Like

You make the rules sir… We just follow them like good Berserkers. champagne.gif

We shall see…

I wonder if I know anyone that likes this stuff. :wink:

I think between Todd, Fu and Charlie “Meats” Carnes, I have heard more about this wine than all other wines combined this year

1 Like

Haha…great…all the money I make on BD is gonna go back to other wineries…

1 Like

Broken record here but these are remarkable, singular wines and Ken and Erica are wonderful to do business with.

1 Like

welp, I bought a case right after the zoom session, may be time to re-up!

Great wines!! [cheers.gif]