Ocelli Cellars - WA Grenache - BD12 - Sampler Pack Deal and 30% Off - Offer Extended

Looking for Variety: Berserkers are calling out for more variety on BD12 and we hear you. Ocelli Cellars is here with an amazing deal only for wineberserkers.

At Ocelli Cellars, we focus exclusively on Grenache sourced from various sites in Washington. Our goal is to showcase the diversity of sites and styles that Grenache can deliver, so you won’t see any other varieties blended in our wines.

The Offer: 3 Bottle Sampler pack including one each of our 2014 Grenache wines for $50 ($90 value), plus 30% off any additional bottles purchased. Flat rate $10 shipping for all orders.

That’s 3 bottles of Washington Grenache for only $60 with shipping - That’s totally berserker! At this price, it’s first come, first serve until it’s gone.

How to Order: Follow this link to our online store. Add the sampler package as well as any additional bottles you’d like. Use Discount Code BERSERKERDAY30 to get 30% off additional purchases at checkout, and choose BerserkerDay Shipping as the shipping option to get $10 flat rate shipping.

Offers extended through Sunday 1/31

Ocelli Cellars 2014 Berserkerday 12 wines:

2014 Columbia Valley Grenache $20: A blend of 50% Upland Vineyard and 50% Angiolina Farms, but 100% Grenache. This wine is intended to be the gateway to our wines and to impart a sense of how delicious WA Grenache can be.

Review of Washington Wines, 19/20 points. “Composed of 50% Angolina Farms and 50% Upland Vineyard Grenache, this shows a brick red color and a rich nose of wild fruits – fraises de bois, cranberries, and red currants – with scents of wild roses, mulberry, tobacco, brambles, red pepper and spiced oriental incense. The medium bodied flavors are mouth filling, with notes of licorice, cocoa powder, medium roast coffee and earth. The chewy textured back reveals sensations of gently pressed fruits, toasted nuts, fraise and cassis liqueurs, kidskin and graphite, all culminating in a lingering, slightly grainy, soft tannin finish that is lifted by balanced fruit acids.”

2014 Snipes Mountain Grenache $35: 100% Upland Vineyard. This is the vineyard that led us to falling in love with WA Grenache, and this wine is a reflection of what we think Upland delivers year after year. Red fruit driven, with a elegance and purity more often found in Pinot noir.

Review of Washington Wines, 19.5/20 points. “Sourced from the Upland Vineyard, this displays a brick red color and seductive aromas of fraises de bois, wild cranberry, pomegranate and cassis, with scents of crushed roses, sweet tobacco, dried orange peel, lavender, violets, white pepper and sultry oriental incense. The flavors, as well, are striking, with medium bodied yet vigorous red fruits that are endowed with notes of red licorice, cocoa powder, Arabica roast and Snipes Mountain gravelly earth. On the back, the wine builds up with sensations of pressed fruits, roasted hazelnuts, pomegranate seeds, recurring orange peel, crème de cassis and finely ground charcoal. At 13.9% alcohol and with fine fruit acids, the wine shows superb balance, all culminating in a lingering, satiny moderate tannin finish.”

2014 Yakima Valley Grenache $35: 100% Angiolina Farms. This is a new bottling for the 2014 vintage, as the barrels from Angiolina Farms were delicious enough to warrant their own bottling.

Review of Washington Wines, 19+/20 points. “From the Angolina Farms Vineyard, this shows a brick red color and intriguing aromas of wild strawberries, cranberry bog, red currants, bayberry, crushed red roses, tobacco leaf, orange peel, lavender and spiced oriental incense. The flavors are mouth filling, with layers of red fruits that are infused with red licorice, cocoa powder, French roast and alluvial minerals. The wine invigorates on the back with sensations of macerated berries, toasted pecans, mocha, recurring orange peel and ground charcoal, and then turns velvety with lanolin (“legs”) and smooth tannins on the long, savory finish.”

Happy to see orders coming in already.

For those that are curious about the style of wine we make, it is not the big fruit, jammy Grenache that is all over the place. My goal is to make Grenache that has enough acid and structure to work well with food, but has enough complexity and nuance that you can sit with a glass and contemplate the universe. All our wines are about 50% whole cluster fermentation, which I do to add some structure and spice (among other reasons). Let me know if you have any other questions!

Going to give these a spin, something new. Grenache is light in the cellar lately. In for 2 x 3 packs.

Hi John - I ordered the sampler but wasn’t charged for shipping.

I sent you a PM, looks like you found a glitch for me. :slight_smile:

Order in. Looking forward to trying these. Thank you!

Thanks to everybody who has purchased so far. The support is very appreciated!

IN.

Thank you John

[cheers.gif]

Thanks for the support Peter! I look forward to hear what you think of the wines.

I’m really blown away by all the support this community has given us today. Being a small producer (micro even, since we make less than 500 cases per year), days like today are really impactful for us. Thanks everybody!

Really looking forward to trying these, love Grenache.

Hi John - Your label looks familiar. Do you know Mo Ayoub? I think I met you a few years ago in his kitchen.

Yes, Mo is a good friend and a mentor. There is a good possibility we met in his kitchen!

1 Like

Thanks Chuck, I hope our style is what you’re looking for in Grenache.

In for the sampler pack! Grenache is my favorite grape and love that it is your only focus!

Thank you Christine, we hope you enjoy them!

We will keep the sampler package price and the other discounts through the weekend in case anybody was not able to join in the craziness of BerserkerDay. Thank you again for all the interest and support, it really means a lot to us.

Super excited for you and the positive impact of the berserkerday peeps.

Come get your Grenache!

Ordered 2 of the samplers. Thanks for keeping this open, John!! I am mostly an “old world” Grenache lover, but look forward to trying your wines!

Thanks. Looking forward to tasting these.

BTW These extended offers are killing my budget.