NEWBIE INTRO _ GRW WINE COLLECTION

Hi Beserkers,

My name is Shoshana Filene and I have been ITB for 15+ years at prominent NY wine retailers and auction houses. I know many of you and those who I don’t, I look forward to meeting one day! I have been a frequent visitor and reader of Winebeserkers threads, but started actively participating recently. I look forward to lots of engaging conversations on this platform in the future.

I wanted to introduce GRW Wine Collection the relatively new organization I joined. Managing Partner Jeremy Ringel, formerly a Managing Partner at RL Liquid Assets, launched this new company with some of his previous colleagues back in April 2020. I had known Jeremy for years from wine community events, dinners and many amazing La Paulées! When he asked me to join this new enterprise, I was thrilled. It was a chance to work with a group of great wine consultants and collectors, who vet and select exceptional wines to bring to the world’s most discerning drinkers. We drink what we sell, so you can be assured the attention to provenance and the selection of producers offered in our portfolio is unmatched.

With an emphasis in Napa cult wines, 1st-5th growths of Bordeaux, top tier Burgundy, other regions and rare bottles, our goal is to bring you the next great piece for an outstanding collection or memorable pour. We know there is a lot of very good wine on the market, but our goal is to bring you INCREDIBLE wine from the cellars of the world’s greatest wine collectors. We also take special pride in our pricing, which is consistently the lowest in the US, if not global market.

All wines are purchased from reputable sources that meet the requirements regarding cellar storage conditions and overall handling history. We offer a 100% authenticity guarantee and can provide pictures of all bottles before any payment is made. The treasured relationships we have developed with a diverse clientele of private collectors, retailers, and international traders enable us to purchase fine and rare wines that are often difficult to acquire. We are not a brokerage; we are collectors and are all deeply entrenched in the global wine community.

Our concern for the health and well-being of the community and our colleagues in all aspects of the industry is why one of our first initiatives after forming was to contribute to the United Sommelier Foundation. $5 from every order over $250 is sent directly to them so they can disburse funds to some of those hurting most. You can learn more about the great work their organization is doing on their website or you can read my interview with Chris Blanchard, MS Co-Founder and Treasurer of the fund here.

We are excited to be a part of BD12 on January 12th and to hopefully bring you many great bottles in 2021!

Sincerely,

Shoshana

I have dealt with them many times and they are a terrific organization. Highly recommend them for buying and selling top-tier wines!

Glad to see you here participating and enjoyed the holiday auctions with you.

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome and glad to be here!

Also can vouch for Shoshana - very knowledgeable, kind, and humble. Has your best interests at heart. It’s great having her on the boards.

I also purchase from GRW through her - often unique / hard-to-find wines at good prices.

1 Like

I’m excited to see the specials during the 27th. I took a look at the website and some of the wines seemed priced really well already!

I can vouch for Shoshana, BUT never allow her to pour 1989 vs. 1990 Montrose as a single flight blind. She will announce which is which while pouring the first bottle.

neener

I can’t believe you still hold that against me. I still maintain I was very sly :wink:!