Little Wings BD12 Special Discount and Raffle!

****The Little Wings Story:

The short version: In partnership with Ian Brand we produce an old school, cool-climate, beautifully balanced Syrah whose sole mission is to help NICU babies and their families navigate one of the most intimidating and trying experiences anyone could imagine, all while showcasing how elegant and breathtaking California Syrah can be!

About the wine: Our flagship wine is produced from 20–30-year-old Syrah vines in Chalone’s Rodnick Farm vineyard. The Chalone AVA is primarily known for its Pinot Noir and Chardonnay production as its proximity to the Pacific, along with its altitude, make it a very cool site by California’s standards. However, sneak in a few old Syrah vines, and you have cool temps and a beautiful exposure that produces fruit more reminiscent to St. Joseph than anything you’re used to from California. Ian Brand, the 2018 San Francisco Chronicle Winemaker of the Year, is known for his hands-off approach and does a great job of letting the land and the vintage do the talking. Our production hovers around 50 – 75 cases annually with alcohol in the 12-13% range (except for crazy hot 2017 which saw us at 14.3% - but hey, that’s letting the vintage tell the story, right?!).

The Why and the What: In 2015 our daughter, Mikaela, was born prematurely at just 24 weeks. After 11 hard-fought days in the University of Miami Holtz Children’s Hospital NICU, she passed away and left her mark on this world. This experience led us to speak with Ian Brand about creating a wine in our daughter’s memory and demonstrate that even the smallest lives can have a lasting impact on the world. 100% of Little Wings’ profits are donated to NeoPals – an organization within Holtz Children’s Hospital dedicated to improving the experience of babies of families in the NICU. NeoPals ensures families are receiving regular updates, are interacting with their babies to the fullest medically permitted extent, plans “cute” photo shoots for the preemies, provides baby and family with “heartbeat teddy bears” which contain recordings of one another’s heartbeats, and in the worst of cases, NeoPals supports families with bereavement materials and guidance. Their work is truly incredible and depends on our funding to succeed and continually improve their programs.

Bottom line: We truly believe our Syrah to be world-class and a benchmark of what Syrah can do in California, all while taking every dollar we make and putting it to work in one for one of the greatest causes you can imagine.

****THE OFFER

As something extra special for everyone here at Wine Berserkers, we’re doing two things we’ve never done before:

1. We’re offering a 20% discount code across the entire site. We’ve never discounted our wines, but we’re eager to get these into your hands and thought this would be a nice incentive to get your orders in. Use code BERSERKERMAG20 during checkout for your 20% discount Available Wines – Little Wings

2. We’re going to raffle one of our magnums. Each vintage we try to bottle a handful of magnums to share with a small number of people who have played a big role in our success, are celebrating an important milestone, or recently lost a loved one. These are never made available for sale (disclaimer: this might change next year, but that’s TBC), and are only ever shared as gifts. For every 3-pack of 2018 Syrah that you purchase on Berserker Day, you will gain one entry into the magnum raffle (e.g.; buy 3 x 3-packs and that’s three entries). Once BerserkerDay is done and the dust has settled, I’ll post a video of the raffle and select a winner. Below is a picture of the magnum; an etched and enameled bottle with white and metallic gold paint. This is 1 of only 12 magnums produced in the 2017 vintage (note, we did not produce any magnums in 2018 due to a bottling oversight, so while the current release is 2018, the magnum will be 2017).

So to recap: Go to our site here Available Wines – Little Wings

Use code BERSERKERMAG20 to receive 20% off site wide and be entered into the magnum raffle.

Shipping: We ship to all states except: AK, AR, HI, KY, MS, UT, and WV. No international shipping unfortunately.

1 Like

Order in!
Thanks
Ken

Order in for the Syrah.

Wow, thanks guys! Blown away at the initial response. Can’t wait to get these out and run the magnum raffle!

2nd pre BD order in for a Syrah 3 pack

Omg
I thought my Grand Reserve card was compromised.
The charge for Little Wings showed up as Little Caesars.
[scratch.gif] [scratch.gif]

too interesting to pass, in for a 3-pack of the syrah (and fingers crossed for the raffle!)

Now that sounds like a win-win!

Thanks Eric! Can’t wait to hear what you think about the wines. Cheers!!

I love Syrah so I couldn’t pass this up. In for a 3-pack!

First purchase of the day! A great cause and happy to support what you all are doing. Can’t wait to try them

Jorge B,

Thanks for the offer. Looking forward to trying the Syrah. The great cause makes this an easy purchase.

Got an order in for Dream in Rainbows! Looking forward to tasting the line.

Thanks for the offer!

No freakin’ way I’m not jumping on this - what a wonderful project

Order in.

In for an order. Looking forward to trying the wine and support a great cause

I’m blown away by the support! We’ve received over 20 orders so far. Can’t wait to ship these on Monday and run the magnum raffle this week!

Thanks for the support, it really goes a long way.

1 Like

Order in!

Happy to see my order on the way already, thanks!

Does that mean I didn’t win the magnum though?

Good afternoon everybody - the dust is settling on BD12 so I’m getting ready to run the raffle. Planning to do so tonight, with the magnum shipping this Monday. Appreciate the amazing response, and can’t wait to post the raffle winner!

Congratulations Michael Ott!! I’ll shoot you an email to confirm, and get your magnum shipped this Monday.

Here is a link to a screen grab video of the raffle so everyone can give it a look and make sure we were on the up-and-up. The rules of the game were one entry per 3-pack of Syrah purchased.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and making this such a big success.

Cheers!
Jorge

Link (how the heck do you embed links into text here anyway???): Dropbox - MagnumRaffleWB_Video.mov - Simplify your life

2 Likes