NEWBIE INTRO - Brittan Vineyards

Hello Berserkers! We’re excited to finally join you for BD12. I know a number of you have tried our wines in the past, but for those that haven’t, here’s a quick bio on owner/ winegrower/ winemaker Robert Brittan and our estate vineyard in Oregon’s McMinnville AVA.

After decades in California with winemaking stints at Far Niente, St. Andrews, and Stags’ Leap Winery, Robert Brittan headed for Oregon to fulfill his dream of making Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Syrah from unique sites in cooler climates. After an exhaustive search, Robert Brittan and his wife Ellen purchased a 128-acre hillside in the foothills of Oregon’s Coast Range in December 2004.

The Brittan Estate Vineyard lies just 12 miles southwest of McMinnville, tucked into the foothills of Oregon’s Coast Range. The original 18 acres were planted in 2001, but due to the challenging nature of this site and limited topsoil, only eight acres survived. Since 2004 when Robert and Ellen purchased the vineyard, it has been an ongoing rehabilitation project: replanting, retraining, and learning the unique landscape that has become the Brittan Estate Vineyard.

Subsequent plantings of Swan selection Pinot noir (among the earliest Oregon), Chardonnay, and Syrah have brought the estate to just under 30 acres planted, providing the fruit for an annual production of between 2,000 and 2,500 cases total.

We’re excited to share our expressive, limited production wines with you!

This is great news. Love these wines and the Brittans.

1 Like

Wow. It keeps getting better.

1 Like

I hope to see Chardonnay and Pinot. Syrah would be interesting.

1 Like

Still waiting for Robert to release a Petite from there - please say hi from me if you don’t mind.

Cheers!

1 Like

Thom, good to see you here! When you are done with the Berserkerday sales, you should come back and post on the regular forums…your years of wine industry experience would be a great addition to the board.

1 Like

Jason and Micheal - Thanks! Hope you dig what we’ve cooked up for you!

Peter - I don’t think you’ll be disappointed! Stay tuned, my friend.

Larry - I’ll definitely tell Robert hello for you. No single variety bottling of Petite but we do have a little planted on the property. The first release of a single-block head-trained co-fermented mixed Rhône bottling will be released later this year with a little Petite in the mix (alongside Syrah, Viognier, Grenache and Carignan). Sadly only 22 cases produced. Calling it “Block R.”

Marshall - You’re too kind! It’s been forever, hope you’re doing well and staying safe. I’ll make sure to stick around post-BerserkerDay.

Always enjoyed tasting here when we visited our daughter at Linfield.

Brian, hopefully you can swing back by once we reopen! Glad to hear you’ve had good experiences at the TR.

Is it too much to hope for a Brittan Berserker Basalt Block? It almost markets itself…

Love this!!

Love the Basalt Block but I think I like the Gestalt Block more.
Say hello to Robert for me.

Robert Brittan is the winemaker for Winderlea, and their wines are terrific!

1 Like

Thanks Bryan! I’ll let Robert know you said hello.