NORLIN BD 12 - SPECIAL OFFERS - LUXURY WINE BAG AND WINE ACCESSORIES CASE

Greetings fellow Berserkers – Welcome to Berserker Day 12!

BD 11 was Norlin’s Berserker Day Debut, and this year we have several new colors in our Max Wine Bag- plus a brand new product being launched here today for the first time- the Norlin Morgan Accessory Case.

2020 has been a tough year for manufacturing and retail, but while we did have to scale back retail launch plans that began with BD 11, we have made good use of 2020 to work with our manufacturing partners to expand the range of materials we use, achieve some scale efficiencies, and develop new products.

We are grateful for your support last year and look forward to better days in the latter half of 2021. We are still a very small company, but already working seamlessly with a handful of small high-quality US-based suppliers and manufacturers to create very unique and special products. Your support in the past, present, and future makes a big difference for a number of very talented people who strive to make wonderful goods that will impress and endure.

****MORGAN ACCESSORIES CASE
Morgan Case Main Photo.JPG
Be among the very first to own our newest product! With more and more people attending group wine tastings, and most wine bags offering little space to carry accessories, we designed this case to keep basic wine accessories in one secure place and protected from the condensation on cold wine bottles in your wine bag. We experimented with several size configurations to achieve the best combination of versatility in carrying capacity and a small enough size to fit inside most 2 bottle or larger wine bags with ease (or in a large coat pocket.)

The Morgan Accessories case is made in a variety of exotic leathers, fully leather lined with hand-painted finished edges, and closes with two sets of hidden magnets. We manufacture these in New York City using the same high-quality materials, and in the same work room, where we make our luxury tweed and leather handbags.

The Morgan Case is designed to hold a variety of wine-related accessories to keep you stylishly organized at your next tasting. The case measures 5.5 inches x 3.625 inches x 1 inch (13.5 cm x 9.2cm x 2.2 cm) and can hold most folding cork screws, foil removers, small stoppers, pens, 3x5 notecards for tasting notes or corks you may wish to save. Comes with a Norlin muslin dust bag.

MAX WINE BAG

SKU 6002 - Main.jpg
The Max Wine Bag is manufactured in the United States in partnership with chill-n-go®, and is currently offered in the two bottle model shown. Single piece leather shell with adjustable leather strap. Small interior utility pocket. Fully insulated lining by chill-n-go® with a removable chill-n-go® reusable freezer pack. Holds two bottles including large champagne and burgundy bottles. Fully seals across the top with a Velcro closure. Comes with a cotton dust bag.
Interior Shot- Max Wine Tote.jpg
In December 2020, we did a single email promotion with one store in one city and sold 9 Max bags in 2 days. And so we are very excited that as the world comes back to normal in late 2021, we are going to do very well with these.

MAX WINE BAGS ARE IN STOCK AND READY TO SHIP.

Black Oryx
SKU 6000 - Main.jpg
Bombardier Oryx
SKU 6001 - Main.jpg
Retro Grey Oryx
Folio Cover Page.jpg
Black Bison
SKU 6007 - Main.jpg
Butterscotch Bison
SKU 6006 - Main.jpg
Camo Print- Hair-on Calf
SKU 6005 - Main.jpg
Zebra Print- Hair-on Calf
SKU 6009 - Main.jpg
Tan Zebra Print- Hair-on Calf
SKU 6008 - Main.jpg
Leopard Print- Hair-on Calf
SKU 6004 - Main.jpg

SKU 6012 - Main.jpg
Please PM me directly to make purchases. We are not going to update our website until later this summer when we have updated our inventory for fall 2021. I will be checking PMs regularly throughout the day. We can accept payment via Paypal or Zelle, or the good old fashioned way by check.

Thank you for having a look at our offerings and have a great time today! Please remember to check out the auctions as well. There are a lot of really great offerings this year, and 100% of auction proceeds go to support the best wine forum on the internet.

As the very proud owner of a leopard print wine bag, I can vouch for the quality and appearance of these well thought out bags.

can’t wait!

Great offer and great looking bags. Unrelated to the offer, what tortured device is in the picture below the Durand?

That’s a pocket screwpull: https://www.amazon.com/Creuset-Pocket-Model-Wine-Opener/dp/B007E64EYQ

Thanks. Totally obvious now!! It looked like it was all metal at first and can’t see the worm although it did look like some kind of opener.

Thank you all for your kind words- and Anton, very happy to hear you have enjoyed your wine bag!

To Tom F. and Mike Evans - close, but actually that is one of the original Screwpull models from decades back. The inventor lived in Houston and knew my father, and so that was handed down to me. It still works brilliantly, and remains- like The Durand- one of the greatest of all innovations for getting corks out of bottles. For the photos, I was doing my best to show some variety.

Hilarious - I was wondering the same thing, but I like your choice of terminology. It is a ‘tortured device’ - stick with The Durand, cuz that’s classy AF

Good morning everyone! Happy Berserker Day!

I had a couple of PMs this morning about durability, and so wanted to expand on that a bit.

For me to purchase a luxury product, I have to REALLY like it and want to enjoy it for a very long time. And so durability has been a critical part of Norlin’s approach from day one. Leather choices are a big part of that- before I made a single one of the hair-on calf bags, I had two friends carry around large swatches in their daily use large handbags for a year to make sure the hair did not fall out. And then when you get into ostrich, arapaima, bison etc.- we are using favored materials for cowboy boots in large part because they have a very long history of durability and wearing well.

To show that as best I can- here is a shot of one of the first Norlin Max wine bags ever. This was made almost 3 years ago from denim ostrich and it is a sample that later became my own personal Max Bag. Prior to COVID, I used it at least monthly and several times rolled it up and hauled it to NYC in my suitcase to use up there. As you can see, there is not even a scratch on it. All that has happened is that the leather has become slightly less stiff with use.
Denim Ostrich Wine Bag.JPG
The Morgan Accessories Case goes even further. As all of you know, the condensation that forms on cold bottles while in your wine bag can really limit what you add in there without the hassle of drying things off- and forget about paper for tasting notes. And so here we needed something that met our durability standards, but also did not have any visible stitching or other seam closures that might allow any moisture to get trapped in the inner workings of the case and cause mold, rot, discoloration etc. And so what seems like a very simple product from the outside is actually housing a series of hidden stabilizing tabs and several different types of interlinings in different places to hold the shape well long term, allow for some slight flexibility to squeeze in just one more accessory, and have flaps that are good and stiff but that also open with ease- almost as if the case had hinges. This is what makes it so expensive- but the good news is you get the best case in the room and you can use and it enjoy for a very, very long time.

If you are very happy with your Norlin purchase, then we have achieved our dream. If you don’t have to replace it for 20 years because it performed and endured like a luxury product should, then we have done our job.

Thank you everyone and good night! The offering is now closed.

It was a good day here- we sold enough product to proceed directly into production with the Morgan case as was our goal. Thank you not only from me, but on behalf of a handful of dedicated craftspeople in NYC who are going to get some more work to keep them going during these difficult times.

A happy, healthy and prosperous 2021 to you all- and we look forward to seeing you again next year for Berserker Day 13!