Scherrer - Back again with 20% off on Selected 3-Packs **Extended through Thursday**

We are back for our second participation in Berserker day. This year, we decided to offer different ways to study what we are doing with single-vineyard verticals of three different red varieties and a Pinot Noir site survey within the same vintage. Special Berserker Day pricing of 20% off and these selected 3-packs.

For those who missed out last year, as well as those who picked up some of our vertical tasting three packs, these are different vintages and/or bottlings. So there’s something new for everyone. We have listed Vinous ratings, where possible, for consistency in rating criteria and because that is the one publication that actually tastes everything we make every vintage.

Pinot Noir is the main varietal we produce. Here is a study in vineyard sites we call the 2016 Sonoma Pinot Noir Grand Triple Play: Bottlings from three great but different corners of Sonoma County AVA’s: Platt from the Southern Sonoma Coast, Gunsalus from the Green Valley of Russian River Valley and ‘High Slopes’ representing the southernmost tip of the Russian River Valley. Regularly $193, Berserker Special $154 Click here to Order

• 2016 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir, Platt Vineyard (Vinous 95 pt)
  • 2016 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir, Gunsalus Vineyard (Vinous 94 pt)
  • 2016 Scherrer Winery Pinot Noir, ‘High Slopes’ (Vinous 94 pt)

Syrah has been another focus of ours for many years-before it was in favor and after it grew out of favor in the general marketplace. Calypso is a fine site to see over different vintages. It is a tiny vineyard dedicated to exploring and adapting the plantings as we have been discovering which clone/ rootstock/ trellis-systems are best suited there. Between 2014 and 2016, there are very different kinds of growing seasons. This is a great opportunity to see how the site shines under varied lighting. No new oak is necessary with this variety and the nuances deserve that space. Regularly $145, Berserker Special $116 Click here to Order

• 2014 Scherrer Winery Syrah, Calypso Vineyard, Russian River Valley (Vinous 90 pt)
  • 2015 Scherrer Winery Syrah, Calypso Vineyard, Russian River Valley (Vinous 92 pt)
  • 2016 Scherrer Winery Syrah, Calypso Vineyard, Russian River Valley (Vinous 93 pt)

Scherrer Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon was first planted by my late father Ed Scherrer in the late 1980’s. These three vintages are the product of very different growing seasons. You can see the site consistency within the context of this. Our Cabernets typically shine most brightly after a decade in bottle. However, these show well at this early stage and are still available for reorder (should one fall in love with them) at release pricing rather than library re-release pricing when they hit that decade mark. Regularly $202, Berserker Special $162 Click here to Order

• 2015 Scherrer Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 93 pt)
  • 2016 Scherrer Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 94 pt)
  • 2017 Scherrer Winery Cabernet Sauvignon, Scherrer Vineyard (Not Yet Reviewed)

Zinfandel was where I started and had to include our ‘Old & Mature’ Vines bottling made from the Old Vines my grandfather planted in 1912 and ‘mature’ vines I helped my Father and Grandfather plant in the 1970s. I selected the newest vintages we have in a meaningful quantity in case someone is compelled to come back to the well. Regularly $116, Berserker Special $93 Click here to Order

• 2016 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel, Old and Mature Vines, Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 93 pt)
  • 2017 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel, Old and Mature Vines, Scherrer Vineyard (Vinous 93 pt)
  • 2018 Scherrer Winery Zinfandel, Old and Mature Vines, Scherrer Vineyard (Not Yet Reviewed)

You can find all of these offerings in one place with this link: Berserker Day – Scherrer Winery

Shipping: We prefer GLS in CA and FedEx to the rest of legal shipping states unless customer has other requests. Curbside Pick-up is available at the winery by appointment. Details on which states we are licensed in can be found with this link: Shipping Information – Scherrer Winery

Looking forward to tomorrow when I can order some Zin for my wife. After she tasted the 2015, she like it so much she had me buy a case of it for her.

Hello Zinfandel

Fantastic wines.

Need a way to bookmark offers to remember them, like this one

Grabbed the Pinot pack. Love the Zins but have a bunch and wanted to try these. Cheers.

Order in for the Pinots! Excited as always for your wines, Fred!

Order in for the Pinots and Zin!

In for the Pinots. Really enjoyed the bottles I’ve opened from last year

Order in for two of the Zin mini-verticals. These will be my first Scherrers and I’m looking forward to learning how well deserved all the hype is!

I think you’ll find it a very interesting and pleasurable study in site.

F

Order in for some Zin, thanks Fred!

Website is not responding for me. Frozen at name/address input screen.

Thanks. If you open them all to compare over several days, you won’t be disappointed. 2016 in particular is an immensely sturdy vintage.

F

Every time I open a Scherrer I ask myself “why don’t I buy more Scherrer”. Order in for one of each.

1 Like

Came here specifically for this deal! Thanks and cannot wait to see you now that we are off lockdown! You have the best Pinot Noirs! And I got a Zin special too.

1 Like

Easiest purchase of day for me. Wines are so good. Mixed case of Cabs and Pinots.

PM Sent

In on the zin! ordered comfirmed, thanks.

1 Like

In for Zin! Thank you!

1 Like