Anyone been to Bardessono or Solage lately?

Tips, stories, and questions about travel-related topics, including restaurants
Glen Gold
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Anyone been to Bardessono or Solage lately?

#1 Post by Glen Gold »

My girlfriend and I will be in Napa Valley between Christmas and New Year's, and we are eyeing either Solage or Bardessono, as buying tons of amazon stuff and not travelling for two years has gotten us enough Amex points to swing it. We're looking for well-designed rooms, quiet, some privacy, a good pool, maybe some spa things, and good food. I'd love to know other's folk's experiences, so here I say the most terrifying thing you can say on this board: does anyone have opinions they'd like to share? [cheers.gif]

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Anyone been to Bardessono or Solage lately?

#2 Post by Scott Jameson »

Sorry, I know it's not exactly what you're asking ...

No recent experiences with Solage or Bardessono, but we had a great stay at Alila Napa Valley in St Helena this past July. I think it has everything you're looking for (although the pool may be on the smaller side) and the mid-valley location, on the north side of St Helena, is great. My wife loved the fire pit and soaking tub on our room's balcony. We enjoyed our breakfasts each morning but didn't eat any other meals there, though. Too many other great restaurants !

Glen Gold
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#3 Post by Glen Gold »

Oh, thanks, I was looking at Alila too. That goes into the mix now.

Jmigliano

#4 Post by Jmigliano »

Just booked Alila for 11/12-11/14 for me an my wife. So much sold out in that weekend.
J o h n

William Segui
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by William Segui »

As I live here, never stayed at Bardessono but walked the property & rooms a few times. No clue what they charge but a wonderful top notch place. As is Solage, but personally I'm a fan of Yountville and would give the slight edge there.

jason stein
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by jason stein »

I stayed at Bardessono last month and it was spectacular. Obviously there are plenty of food destinations nearby in Yountville but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of their restaurant, Lucie. The rooms are beautiful, staff is incredibly accommodating and nice, and amenities are wonderful. Whether it's worth the cost of staying there is another question, but if price isn't much of an object then I wouldn't hesitate.
instagram: @jtswine

John Davis
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7 Post by John Davis »

jason stein wrote: October 14th, 2021, 3:51 pm I stayed at Bardessono last month and it was spectacular. Obviously there are plenty of food destinations nearby in Yountville but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of their restaurant, Lucie. The rooms are beautiful, staff is incredibly accommodating and nice, and amenities are wonderful. Whether it's worth the cost of staying there is another question, but if price isn't much of an object then I wouldn't hesitate.
Also pleasantly surprised with Lucie a few years ago.
ITB

Return to “Travel and Restaurants Forum”