Domestic Bachelor Party Destinations

My best freind just got down on a knee and now I have to plan his bachelor party. The group that will be going is wide spread so anywhere in the lower 48 is fair game. Vegas has been done aready, so i’m looking to see if anyone has some good suggestions. Nashville, Savannah, and Key West have already been noted. We are looking for a good balance between night life and beach/golf.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Seth

AFAIK Key West has one gold course and the night life is pretty meh. If you’re going to South Florida, South Beach will have better nightlife and better golfing options.

+1 for South Beach, the Devil’s winter home…

First, how old are you guys? If younger, then South Beach is a blast, with plenty to gawk at/party/golf/endless spending of $$$$ as well and the night never ends.

If you’re a bit older, than I would go with Nashville, or Bourbon tasting in Louisville, etc. Figure out what the majority of your buddies want to do, then narrow it down.

Or rent a beech house on the Carolina/Florida Coast and just go plain wild!

South beach if < 30, otherwise sort of a fish out of water.

When are you planning on going? Golf is obviously pretty weather dependent but if trip will be in summer then opens up tons of options (NY, Ocean City, AC, etc).

Also, Austin TX is a fun town, not sure about nearby golf though.

Guys on the trip are 33 ish. It should be sept time frame. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sept can definitely still do the northeast (NYC is always a great spot for a bachelor party) and pretty prime season for myrtle beach also.

Also have great golf options down around Tampa which is a decent bachelor party town as well.

If you can bump up to late august (weekend before Labor Day) I would hands down suggest Saratoga for golf, horse racing and a great weekend. It turns into a pure party town and can cover any age group. I can give you plenty of suggestions re where to eat, stay, party, and even get seating at the track. I went up for my bachelor party in 2006 and have been back every year since.

Wouldn’t you have done it anyway if he just asked you nicely? :wink:

A Bachelor Party could get into a LOT of trouble in New Orleans…

Two rec’s above: NOLA and Austin. One and done.

New Orleans is top notch and I love the out of the box suggestion of Saratoga in August

New Orleans would be awesome although it is hurricane season so have to be a little careful. September would also be good in NYC or Chicago. I am not a huge fan of Nashville. Austin would be nice but hot.

George

Thanks for the suggestions. One of my first thoughts was Travers weekend in Saratoga. My only hang up is getting everyone there. I’m not sure how easy it is to get into Albany and get up to togatown.

I like the NYC and New Orleans. Thanks for the help.

You can take a train up to saratoga from NYC, 3 hour ride. Can potentially do a mix and match…a big Thursday pm in NYC and then Friday and Saturday up in Saratoga.

Toga is only about 45 minutes from Albany. Man I love that place. My kids go to Summer camp about 45 minutes north of Saratoga and we spend a lot of time there as we also use it as a way point on our way to VT to go skiing. Specifically on Opening Weekend. I would say there are more people on the 7-8 block stretch of Broadway in Saratoga on Opening Weekend than any 7-8 block stretch in NYC at the same time.

I’ll throw out Lake Tahoe. The weather is really nice in September and the crowds are gone. It all depends on what your group is looking for.

We just did one in Denver and had a blast. What we did →

• Bought and shipped via Prime a poker table and chips to a hotel and had dinner/bar service - cheaper than you’d think and there is goodness when you can get up from the table and pass out on the floor of the meeting room.
  • Tons of restaurants - Euchlid Hall (Gastropub), Rioja, Frasca (spent a day in Boulder)
  • Tons of breweries - Great Divide, Avery, etc.
  • Whitewater, Colorado Rockies, etc.

I’m not a big weed guy, but several people in the party were excited about that aspect of the trip, as well. Only drawback was there’s no real concept of the Vegas-style suite there; you’re either in a traditional bedroom+waiting room or paying $9k a night (at least that’s all I saw).

Savannah??? I grew up there and love going back to visit, but I think of it as really relaxing rather than a bachelor party place. Is the groom a senior citizen?

New Orleans would be my first choice, but it depends what’s on your list: Beer, whiskey, drugs, fast cars, guns, skanky women…

If you can do early October, going to Austin for Austin City Limits is a lot of fun. Went this year for a bachelor party and rented a big house via VRBO next to the park where the festival took place. Definitely recommended.