Burgundy restos open on Monday night?

This seems to be a bit of a challenge - any recommendations? Preference towards great wine and solid food (will be in Paris later that week).

gracias!

Aupres du Clocher - we’re going here on the Monday.

There are very few places open indeed…

good call …have been a few times. very good.

levernois is open as well, it seems (at least the bistro)

champagne.gif

Stalker… See you there

Monday is tough, seems like everyone is closed

which monday?

Isn’t Ma Cuisine open on Mondays? Last time I was in Beaune they were closed Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays. And definitely take a taxi out to Levernois and eat in the main restaurant if they’re open Mondays. Or if only the bistro is open, hopefully they will let you raid the main wine list. Great prices on white Burgundies, and a deep selection.

Looks like Bistro de l’Hotel is open Monday nights. I just went on their website and saw their “fermetures:”

Tous les midis et le dimanche toute la journée. (always closed at lunch, and all day Sunday) That’s too bad, I had a few great lunches there, but the place was pretty empty.

I just found this helpful Michelin site, it’s much better than the old one I used to use: http://restaurant.michelin.fr/restaurants/france/21200-beaune/page-1/

Le Benaton and L’Ecusson are also open Mondays.

May 18

thanks guys - yeah, i’m thinking bistro at levernois. i don’t LOVE the food at ma cuisine, it’s good for sure, but…

I’m with you. I don’t get all the love for ma cuisine.

+2

Isn’t Bistro de L’hotel open for dinner on Monday?

51 days… give or take… but who’s counting? :wink:

good point - wonder which one has a better list, that or levernois?

I hate to say this as I stay at L’Hotel pretty frequently, but Johan’s wine pricing is a bit out there.

As for Levernois vs Ma Cuisine, both are great, and kind of have strengths in different producers.
Which is nice.

Fabienne from Ma Cuisine just opened a wine bar, Le Bout du Monde, on Faubourg Madeliene.
Be sure and go.

Tontons list is pretty darn good as well.
Earlier this month we drank Pfifferling, Rougeard, and Selosse.

Bissoh has quite a few gems as well.

yeah, there’s a list online, no clue how current it is, but the prices are a little high for burgundy. that said, the hotel itself is roughly 2x the price of everywhere else so it’s keeping with tradition!

johan is a great host though. i like his style.

Two restaurants we really like in the Burgundy region are open on Monday nights…La Chambolle in Chambolle Musigny http://www.restaurant-lechambolle.com/index-uk.html and Restaurant Simon in Flagey- Echezeaux. http://www.restaurant-simon.fr/fr/

Le Benaton is all I need on a Monday night (and the great wine bar next door–La Dilettante–is also open on Monday nights). Hotel La Belle Époque is strategically positioned right between the two.

Burgundy is a big region so the question is hard to answer. We stayed in Ann Gros’ B&B in Vosne Romanée and we ate at Restaurant La Toute Petite Auberge - Vosne-Romanée a couple of time. It was close by and very good. Closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. We also ate at the restaurant in the Hotel Le Richebourg,
Le-Vin-t-age. Also good.

Caveat; it was 2012 when we were there.

I’d second Restaurant Simon.

JD

As would I. Restaurant Simon is excellent.