Our trip to Hungary, and visits to the Tokaj, Sopron and Etyek

Charlie and I recently visited Hungary, and very much enjoyed the wines of Tokaj. Check out my wine travel blog: Hungary | Wine Travel Around The World

Marilyn

Wow. Great notes and trip. I worked in Budapest for a few months back in about 1991, and finally got the chance to return about 3 or 4 years ago. I want to go back again and spend more time in the countryside like you did and hit more wineries. If I do, will definitely be reviewing your notes.

Thank you for taking the time to post this write up. I got a chance to visit Tokaj late last August and do a bit of tasting myself. The three wineries I made it to were Arvay, Evinor, and luckily I had the good sense to make it to the Hudackso Pinceszet as well. Your post certainly brought back some good memories. Anita was a tremendously generous and gracious host. I was travelling by myself, and was extremely impressed as to how attentive they were considering it was just me. The wines were fantastic, and the cellar was stunning. My only complaint is that they don’t import, and I only brought back a lone bottle of their 2007 Forditas. Another very high recommendation for anyone travelling in the area.

Thank you! I was fortunate to visit Tokaj in 2013 and have hosted a number of vintner’s at Buena Vista over the last few years. The plan is for a return visit next year…I hope it works out!!