Florida?

We will be in Florida in February and we’re looking for a resort to stay at for a few days. Several years ago we stayed at Little Palm island in the keys which was great and I am looking for a similar place. Any suggestions?

Where in Florida its a big state? I am in Naples and would be happy to make suggestions in the area.

+1. I prefer the Marco Island, Naples-Fort Myer’s Beach Area.

Ritz Carlton in Amelia Island. Apply for the Chase Ritz Carlton Visa and you get three club level upgrades…will get you upgraded to a fantastic room plus free food and drink in the club lounge.

Seth,
We will take a cruise from Miami returning to Miami and then will go after a week to Naples.

Richard

There are a few options to look into in Naples. The first is the Ritz Carlton Beach Resort. It is a beautiful property that has been recently renovated. There are ample options for dining in Naples and Bonita Springs which are very easy to get to by a short car ride. My second choice would be the Ritz Carlton Gold Resort which is a sister property and has two great gold courses. If you stay at the golf resort you get a free shuttle to the beach resort and they will set up chairs and an umbrella for you. I would suggest booking any room NOW as you will be here during high season and it will be tough to get rooms. I would also suggest making some dinner reservations in advance as well.

If you like a more urban hotel in the Inn of 5th is a nice choice. It is not a resort but rather a very nice hotel on 5th avenue which is where you will find good food , drink and shopping.

The Naples Grande and Naples Beach hotel as well as La Playa are also worth a look. These are all mostly beach front properties and would be where I would stay if I were coming to town.

The Marriott in Marco is nice and the beach is nice but in my opinion it is remote and the choice of food and drink on Marco is extremely limited. I would not want to drive from Marco to Naples in February.

Hope that helps

Seth

Seth,
Thank you for your suggestions but I should be clearer about our schedule .After the cruise, which ends in Miami, we have a free week before going to Naples.We can go anywhere reasonably close to this area.I was hoping to find a resort similar to Little Palm Island for this time.

Having stayed at a number of places in Florida, Little Palm is at the top of the list and will be hard to match, particularly for a great place to just chill. Why not go back?

How about restaurant recommendations