San Diego help

Hi again; Heading to San Diego for a few days during the Summer to watch the Giants play the Padres. I know virtually nothing about San Diego restaurants. Help please!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

Oops

If you are near Little Italy (basically downtown SD), you must go to Juniper and Ivy, Bracero, Ironside. All three restos do not disappoint…

Thanks…Yes, we are pretty close to both downtown and Little Italy. I think we will try Juniper & Ivy for sure and need to find one that is good for lunch. The Saturday game is at 5:40, a bit of an awkward time.

Thanks!
Marshall

Late lunch at Neighborhood. 10 minute walk to Petco. http://www.neighborhoodsd.com/hood/

great whiskey selection in their “secret” bar as well

+1 for Bracero

Thanks guys…Looks like the Giants will be pretty good this season! Looking forward to the weekend!

Cheers!
Marshall champagne.gif

Any input around Mission Bay for casual restaurants to meet with relatives visiting from Ireland? Not wine related. Just fun places where decent food and an environment for lively family talk is appropriate? One dinner and a Sunday brunch suggestion would be great.

Tidal looks promising.

We take visitors to The Fishery in Pacific Beach and it fits what you are asking for.

Marshall,

Marshall,
Stop at Addison’s at the Grand Delmar on the way home.You’ll love it.

Thanks, will check it out.

Cafe Chloe is good.

+1. Love Cafe Chloe!

A bit late but “Juniper & Ivy” was excellent! We would definitely return.

Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

Bump - anything new and awesome? Will have our 3yo with us so nothing too fancy. Have already booked juniper and bracero (though i am not sure if theres anything i can get my kid to eat at juniper…might have to nix that one)

Executive Chef left Bracero last week-creative differences.

I enjoyed the restaurant week menu downstairs at George’s. I wasn’t as pleased with Juniper &Ivy two weeks ago, don’t know if the exec chef leaving has had an impact.

I think you meant to say the Bracero Exec Chef left not Juniper & Ivy as Richard Blais is still at J&I. Right?

Youre in San Diego, eat some of the best Mexican food you’ll can and skip the fish LOL.