Suggestion for trip to Quebec City

I am planning a 3 day trip to quebec city and was looking for some suggestions. I am of course looking for good food and wine, but any other suggestions would be very welcomed. Thanks in advance! champagne.gif

A friend who knows the city well has booked us into this restaurant (which he strongly recommends, of course!):
Le Saint-Amour at 48 Rue Sainte-Ursule, Quebec, G1R4E3

Jerome - check the travel forum. There are a couple of threads there. I’m heading to Quebec tomorrow for four days and will share my thoughts in that forum.

Just posted on the other thread. Chez Boulay which we visited is the sister resto of Saint Amour that Nigel mentions. Run by another Chef that Boulay (Chef of Saint Amour) partnered with. We had 2 teens with us, so decided to go a bit more bistro level than Saint Amour. The small terrace we loved so much is on the same Rue Sainte-Ursule, less than a block away.

I will check out that other thread. Thanks!

On a different note, I usually abide by go local when I travel… but I am completely unsure of Canadian wine. Are there any even worth trying?

That’s a whole other thread you can search for. Wasn’t looking, but didn’t see too much Ontario or B.C. wines while I was there. Most lists have the Quebec offerings, but I wouldn’t have any confidence in trying them without previous knowledge. Some of the ciders & Ice ciders are worth a try though.

In Quebec, due to the obvious lineage there is a good selection of French wines both in store & resto.
Goes with the food too.

So I guess i’ll be looking mostly at french wines, and not “quebec” wines?

No corkage allowed at any of the restaurants I tried last time I was there (stark contrast to Montreal where $0 corkage restaurants are everywhere). Brace yourself for breathtaking prices, but at least due to the French connection you can find reasonably well selected French wine.

Never had and Quebec wine but I suspect that’s because none of it is high quality enough to merit any attention. Ciders and the sweet ice ciders can be pleasant.

If you find Ontario wine I’d be on the lookout for Tawse Chardonnay and Riesling, Pearl Morissette Chard and Pinot, or anything from Stratus.

It’s been some time since this was discussed. Has anyone had any recent experiences in Quebec City? I’m planning to go there in September. Thanks in advance.