Fort Worth Recommendations

Hopefully some Berserkers can come to the rescue. I’m in Fort Worth from Tuesday until Wednesday of next week for work. Trying to find summer places to grab a drink and/or eat. I’m staying at the Embassy Suites off commerce. When making recommendation, be aware I will not have a vehicle. Thanks a million. NYC people can through big time, hoping Dallas/FT worth people can do the same.

There probably isn’t much in the way of BYOB. But the Reata is a good restaurant. Not quiet but very good food. https://www.reata.net/ and it is a 5 minute walk from your hotel. Grace is even closer if there can be such a thing http://gracefortworth.com/ There also the ubiquitous steakhouses downtown - a Bob’s Steak and Chop House and two Del Frisco’s.

Thanks for the fantastic recommendations. Most likely will go to Grace based on the wine menu and the food.

Grace is my favorite for the food and wine program. Followed by Reata for the Southwestern cuisine. Plus the others Michael mentioned (steakhouses). Also there is Capitol Grille and a Texas de Brazil (Brazilian churrascaria). If you simply want a burger give Jake’s a try.

Don’t forget that the bus system that looks like a trolley car goes around in a loop and I believe it’ll take you over to the 7th avenue area that has been up and coming. Sopme nice restaurants in that area including a Max’s Wine Dive (small chain) and Cork & Pig.

It’s been awhile, but I remember having a number of memorable meals at Lonesome Dove Bistro. My recollection is that it was very southwestern style food with a fair amount of game. First place I heard of, and tried, fried spinach – delicious. It’s not walkable from downtown Ft. Worth, but a short cab ride.

My recent experiences with Lonesome Dove were not as spectacular as during its early years. Tim Love got famous. Opened more restaurants. That is usually the beginning of a slow decline to mediocrity.

Went to Grace both nights. The Meyer 6oz filet was fantastic. The wine selection is great and reasonably priced.

Glad you enjoyed it. My favorite in downtown Fort Worth.

I’m going to be back in Fort Worth the week of December 5th. Looking for some fellow Berserkers to meet up with and drink vino.

I’d love to but unfortunately I’m going in for surgery the 28th with an estimated two week recovery period. I’m pretty much out of the box for everything for at a least a couple of weeks around that time frame.

If you can’t attend, send wine. Isn’t that the rule? [snort.gif]

Works for me. Plenty to send.

Joe, sorry to hear. For those that can, I’ll be at the Omni, so maybe Grace or something walkable.

If you’re in the mood for a steak there is a Bob’s Chop House in the Omni. Local restaurant started in Dallas and since expanded to 15 locations, mostly in Texas. In case you don’t feel like getting out and about one evening.

Thanks Joe! I’ll probably do that.

Fingers crossed Joe!

Thanks Neal.

Unfortunately, I will be on a road trip while you are here. Maybe next time.