Arizona in January

We are looking at going to Arizona in January, any recs? I gather the weather should be pleasant during the day and hopefully not particularly rainy. We are looking at Enchantment in Sedona, the Phoenician/Canyon Suites in Scottsdale, and/or the RC Dove Mountain outside Tucson (or somewhere in tucson)? Maybe a daytrip to see the Grand Canyon. Our 3 year old is coming with us, so mostly looking for relaxing places, some sightseeing, short/easy hikes and nature walks, good food, etc.

Silly mosquitoes making it very hard to travel in the winter these days!

Before booking the Phoenician make sure they’ve completed their renovations for this year. We just got back and it seemed like 85% of the rooms were under renovation, half the elevators shut down, etc…

I’ve only stay once at Enchantment and the RC in Dove Mountain and both were fantastic. I really loved the Dove Mountain RC, a fantastic property, but the location of Enchantment is spectacular.

Jason

I just got back from hiking Chola trail on Camelback several times last week. I wouldn’t call that an “easy” hike, but you can walk to it from the Phoenician. And the Phoenician has a kid friendly play/pool area. I love the Casita suites at the Phoenician.
I am looking into Sedona for my next trip to AZ, and Enchantment looks pretty awesome.
If you drive east a little, there is a trail in Superstition mountains that is easy, and has some good rocks for a 3 year old to play on, as well as some Indian Hieroglyphics. My kids loved it, but were a little older than yours.

Squaw Peak is an easier hike and great views.

Thanks all, as far as location, if we had to pick 2 out of 3 of Sedona, Scottsdale, and Tucson area (RC dove mountain) which would you pick?

Scottsdale ( which is PHX) and Sedona.

Agreed.

The Grand Canyon is close to a 4 hour drive from Scottsdale. Sedona is 1/2 way. As you drive north, it’s interesting to see the snow line develop.
We were at the Phoenician several years ago. The rooms then were Big with a capital B. The mid-December weather was in the low 60’s, not exactly sit outside and sun yourself weather.

+2

Arizona becomes cold in in January. In the month of January there feel cold as the temperature goes on almost 13°C and nights are having -1 to -2°C. It will be a good travel time for you if you wanna see this state in the waters and have a different sort of experience.