Albuquerque & Sana Fe

Looking for recs on restaurants in Albuquerque & hotels in Santa Fe.

If you’re wanting a pure hotel (not B&B, small Guest House, etc…) then I recommend La Fonda on the Plaza. Great old hotel right on the corner of the plaza with a parking garage (parking is difficult near the plaza), multiple restaurants, roof top bar, spa services, etc…

Thanks Joe. We were looking at that one.

It is a registered historic inn if you’re into old but updated hotels. I like it because I can park the car in the garage and walk just about anywhere to dinner, sights, etc…

Depends what you’re looking for. If it’s New Mexican food, keep reading :slight_smile: My parents are both from ABQ, so I grew up with great New Mexican food. I organized a family reunion in Albuquerque 18 months ago, and after our first meal at Padilla’s no-one wanted to try eating anywhere else at the other restaurants I’d researched! We ate there every day. Hands down the best New Mexican food I’ve eaten outside of my Grandma’s. Everything is housemade on site and daily: corn tortillas, sopapillas, chile, etc… Cash only but incredibly reasonable pricing, not sure they take reservations, and casual decor. Near the University and in a strip mall - don’t be put off! :slight_smile: 1510 Girard Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87106

We ran up to Santa Fe for 2 nights, went to the Taos Pueblo and spent a day at Bandolier National Monument (highly cool if you have time and are outdoors-inclined). In Santa Fe, The Shed is a bit of a local icon. The Shed has pretty solid New Mexican food (my uncle said the pisoli was the best he’d had since childhood), hip and bustling, right of the central plaza and an extensive margarita menu… when in Rome [drinks.gif]

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

There are some threads on Sante Fe but lodging wise La Fonda is a solid rec. Stayed there for my nephew’s wedding. I would stay there again. Inn of the Anasazi is also very nice and is also in a good location. Pretty good restaurant, too. We like Gabriel’s (bit of a drive) for New Mexican/Mexican. The Shedd is good. We have also enjoyed The Compound and Geronimo for dining.

JD

We stayed there 2 years ago. Very nice, if it’s in your price range.

We were in Santa Fe earlier this year and stayed at Inn of the Five Graces. I can’t recommend it enough - great staff, amazing and unique rooms, close to the square, etc. nice wine list as well.

Staying at Five Graces now… ditto the recommendation. The attention to detail in the design of the rooms is just amazing.

We are looking forward to staying at the Inn at Five Graces in the near future. I have heard the staff are great.

JH

I typically go each fall - I’ve stayed at a number of places. The Inn of the Anasazi is beautiful but I’ve found the rooms a bit small. There’s a place that’s walkable to downtown called Hotel Santa Fe and is the only one owned by Native Americans. Good, not fantastic restaurant, but across the street is the Sage Bakehouse that is fabulous. Lots of places for green hatch chilies when I go. Too many good places to eat to mention.