One night in London...

Actually we have 3 but the primary purpose of our trip will occupy Fri & Sat night. That being the case, my wife and I have a Thursday night to celebrate our 20th anniversary late next month in London. We are staying in King’s Cross. Looking for suggestions.

Harry Potter shop at platform 9 3/4 at the train station ? Fawlty Towers dining experience (about 20 mins walk away)

More seriously, what are you looking for - fancy food, a favourite style of food or something romantic aside from a meal?

See the play the Ferryman. Absolutely outstanding.

Eat before or after at J Sheekey.
Or before at Dishoom if you like Indian food (they take reservations until 5 inthink, the line will be 60 people deep by 6). If you want Indian food afterwards, Talli Joe (food might be a hair better but menu is more limited).

Pollen Street Social in Mayfair is my favorite high end place. Fera is also great high end.
Cheers

Looking for dinner 1 night. I will get my Indian fix on at lunch. Good food. Good wine. Does not have to be a “be seen” place. Booked La Petit Maison at the suggestion of my host as a backup but my wife thinks it appears too pretentious.

Kitchen Table at Bubbledogs

Noize in nearby Fitzrovia recommended on Wine Pages, including BYO option
https://wine-pages.com/community/threads/noize-new-offline-venue.5078/#post-86399

plenty of threads there if you want to search for feedback on specific places / look for additional ideas

Hard to help really as not enough guidance on what you are looking for. Sorry if that’s unhelpful but it’s true.

Elystan Street.

How about a late Afternoon Tea followed by a concert at Saint Martin’s in the Fields?

Assuming by a Thursday late next month you mean January 18th or January 25th they are performing Vivaldi:

Vivaldi Concertos by Candlelight
London Concertante is one of the finest chamber ensembles in the country, its players brought together through a shared passion for chamber music. The group has the rare ability to combine flexibility of instrumental grouping and consistently maintain superb artistic endeavour.
Thursday 18 January, 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm

Vivaldi Gloria by Candlelight
The English Baroque Choir was formed in 1978 and has become one of London’s finest amateur choirs, developing a reputation for musicality, imaginative programming and choral enthusiasm.
Thursday 25 January, 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm

As others say, you haven’t specified your preferences so I’m just suggesting something we have enjoyed.

For dinner The Ledbury and The Clove Club are some nice ones.

The Noble Rot! That is, if you are into wine [snort.gif]

If you’re celebrating your 20th go to the ledbury. It’s always fabulous and will never let you down.

I had to go for a walk and defile a dustbin midway through a clove club dinner it was so rich (even if red meat lite). Even outside of that it didn’t wow me.

Take a look at The Ninth in Charlotte Street W1. It is an easygoing place with excellent food (it received a Michelin star this year) and pleasant service and has the advantage of being relatively close to Kings Cross. Also since you are in the area, I strongly suggest going to The British Library. It is an wonderful place and if you only have time for a short visit an hour or two in the exhibit ‘The Treasures of the British Library’ will enable you to see such manuscripts as The Gutenberg Bible and Magna Carta, Da Vinci notebooks, handwritten music by Beethoven, Chopin and The Beatles plus Dickens, Jane Austen and much more.

This is a great suggestion. One of the most memorable things I’ve done in London.

YES!

A quick follow-up. My dinner for 2 became a dinner for 4 when another couple, great friends of ours, decided to come to London for the same event we were attending. As such, we passed on romantic and went with Indian. The restaurant was called Trishna. AMAZING. They claim to offer very unique and regional cuisine. All I can say is that I have never seen most of the dishes at any other Indian restaurant and the food was AWESOME. Great regional cocktails too. Had a lunch at the Burger and Lobster inside of Harvey Nichols. Nice lunch but what I found most notable was that they were selling shots of Pappy 15 for 30 bucks (21 GBP). Did the mandatory trip Hedonism Wines, I could spend hours there but didn’t have too much time. It was a great, quick trip.

We were staying in Knightsbridge when I took the family to London in summer of 2016, and we went to Burger & Lobster several times for the whole lobster deal. No Pappy at their bar at that time, but they did have Yamazaki 18 and Hibiki 17 pours for a very reasonable tariff (and this was a month or so before Brexit passed, and the exchange rate got even better for the USD).