Burning Man Art Park in Reno, NV - Road Trip Vlog 24

Burning Man is a seven-day event in the Black Rock desert 100 miles (161 kilometers) north of Reno, Nevada. Aside from the wild night festivities and highly creative interactive artwork, Burning Man is a world renown Art event culminating in the burning a giant effigy on the last evening.

I have never been to Burning Man and truthfully, the clothing optional aspects of it intimidate the hell out of me. The artwork and designs of the temporary structures fascinate my aesthetic imagination, therefore, it was to my delight that some of the smaller artwork from the 2016 Burning Man is displayed at Reno Playa Art Park.

l8O1iUNI0jg

Thanks for sharing that Lex.

I’ve never been but my son went several times a bunch of years ago … and was involved with the TX Burn community and their Flipside gathering. He’s less interested these days - I think the influx of tech execs and such has muted some of the wonder … and the lack of response to our political moment has discouraged him tbh. Still, back when he was going, this film was made and it’s really quite a wonderful view of the art of Burning Man so I thought you might enjoy it: (not sure if there’s a minimal rental fee - 99c - or not - but fair if so given that it’s a wonderful film worth supporting)

hBp1Ktz24hg0

Glad you enjoyed it, Siun!

I’ve heard about Flipside and it sounds pretty cool. Also much less expensive than Burning Man, from what I’ve heard.

I tried watching the video, but it said An Error Occurred and wouldn’t play.

Here’s a link for Amazon - free with Prime … it really is an amazing little movie:
https://www.amazon.com/Burning-Man-Beyond-Black-Rock/dp/B00M8A7J9K

Flip side seems pretty neat - if you ever consider going, Kit would likely be happy to chat with tips. He wrote “A Burner Lexicon” several years ago which has some neat info - A Burner Lexicon Archives - Kit O'Connell: Approximately 8,000 Words