Anybody fly with wine into Belize?

We hope to bring our Wine Check full of wine to Belize this March/April, but it looks like the duty and taxes in Belize are MUCH harsher than, say, Mexico, where it is pennies per bottle.

Anybody successfully take more than one liter per person??

A friend brought 6 bottles in without issue… i’m not sure if they declared it though… so i can’t speak to the risk of that… but they just put it in their luggage, and it was fine.

Where you staying in Belize. We did two weeks and covered the country.

Placencia

Todd,

We were in Placencia for 10 days last Feb. great trip. I brought 6 bottles in my suitcase and did not declare anything. No worries. Our hotel had a pretty decent list as well. Let me know if you need info.

6 bottles is what you are allowed to carry, per person - but you are supposed to have 6 bottles purchased at duty-free, as only 1 liter per person ‘imported’ in your luggage. You brought 6 from home and declared nothing?

[/quote]
6 bottles is what you are allowed to carry, per person - but you are supposed to have 6 bottles purchased at duty-free, as only 1 liter per person ‘imported’ in your luggage. You brought 6 from home and declared nothing?[/quote]

I brought in 6 bottles and did not declare anything. I guess I rolled the dice. And, I’m going to do it again on our next trip there. I’m sure you know, but its hot and humid there. Bubbles, rose, and anything white with acid rules the day and night. Check out the restaurant at Maya Beach Hotel. Very good list, creative cuisine with freshest of fish, and extremely nice people.

We took 6 bottles per person in our luggage. Only took white - it’s hot there! - did some bubble wrap instead of a wine check and took our chances w breakage.

Did you declare them? I read Belize is known to require receipts if they find wine/liquor in your bags

I try to follow as many rules as I can so that when I don’t it’s seen to be an exception.