Paris restaurant itinerary - any comments/suggestions?

Hello Paris Lovers:

I am going to be spending a week in Paris next week (half work, half play) and was hoping to get some ideas on how I did for my overall planning and see if anyone has any ideas for adjustments (if needed). Anyone have any experience with my choices? Any comments on the wine angle?

1st night (Sunday 18 Feb): I arrive in the afternoon; check into hotel, do a little wandering, do a walking tour in the 18th, then a late dinner at Bistrot du Maquis.
Monday: No plans yet during the day or for lunch, I’ve got this day free. Late dinner at Verjus.
Tuesday: No plans during the day, this is also free, then dinner at Condesa
Wednesday: Work; dinner at either Papillon or Tomy & Co
Thursday: Work, dinner at either Papillon or Tomy & Co
Friday: Possibly lunch at Arnaud Nicolas

Several places I wanted to try and not sure if I should swap out, substitute, do for lunch Monday or Tuesday, or just wait until next time.
Desnoyez
Ze Kitchen Galerie
Bistro Paul Bert
Le 6 Paul Bert
Clown Bar
Accents (been here before; loved it)
Fulgurances

Also would love any cocktail (or Whiskey) bar recommendations. I’ve heard good things about La Commune as well as La Syndicat.

Thanks in advance!

Lunch at passage 53.

I had dinner at Bistro Paul Bert 2 weeks ago. It was fantastic. Straightforward and delicious bistro fare with a very good list balancing classics and natural wines.

I’d throw in
Le Servan
Clamato

Seems like you have most of your dinners down. The other suggestions here are good, I would add:

Septime la Cave (good for pre- or post-dinner wine)
Au Passage (good for dinner)
Aux Deux Amis (good for lunch or wine anytime)

You’ve clearly done a good bit of research. Gonwith instict would be my advice.

I would respectfully disagree. Was not overly impressed by the meal at Passage 53, especially for the price.

Lunch at David Toutaine, on the other hand, would be highly recommended.

Just my personal experience of course. Others have probably had great meals at Passage 53 but I went to both places within a day or two of each other and David Toutaine was by far the winner.

Agree on Passage 53 (I posted a review on it somewhere here). Haven’t been to Toutaine.

I liked both Papillon and Tomy & Co in October. Fulgurances depends on the chef in residence. Our dinner was excellent; the chef was Australian. Clown Bar has great cooking and, for me, a difficult wine list. I like Paul Bert and have liked Le 6 in the past, but haven’t been since they replaced the chef at Le 6 a year ago.

I’ve eaten at Passage 53 nine times for dinner and David Toutain five times for dinner. To me, they are not really comparable in terms of style, quality, precision, and presentation. I vastly prefer Passage 53, but they don’t occupy the same dining/cooking space.

For drinks/whisky try Sherry Butt - a great speakeasy

What Hardy said, except my visit was four months ago.

To get a good measure of the place, I order the classics my first visit any restaurant. And Bistrot Paul Bert is as classic as they come.
The Salade Lyonnaise and Céleri Remoulade were outstanding. I could (and probably should) have stopped there, but a decadent Ris de Veau aux Champignons beckoned–and was well worth the overstuffed feeling.

Again echoing Hardy, it was fantastic.

Really appreciate everyone’s ideas. Should be a great week!

Apropos David Toutain, we had a very interesting first visit there for lunch over thanksgiving. Suffice it to say that while the food hit some pretty good heights (a grouse pie was absolutely spectacular) the rest of the lunch was an absolute shambles.

We were seated in the center of the front part of the downstairs section, a perfect place to hear the succession of thrown pans and constant shouting from the kitchen. This seemed to terrify the young, poorly-trained and entirely unsupervised waitstaff who, while well meaning and very pleasant, spent our lunch running around with their hair on fire. Pee Wee Herman would have run a tighter ship.

We sat down at 1pm and lingered past 3 and when we got up to leave the staff had vanished. This was no surprise in hindsight because they spent their shift looking like they’d rather be anywhere else. We fished our coats out of the closet and as we were leaving, the Maitre d’ reappeared and apologized profusely for the terrible service. To be fair to her she didn’t sugarcoat it. I thanked her for her candor and actually felt quite sorry for her. She looked miserable.

It was the worst service I’ve had in ages. I thought of my first and only dinner at The Ledbury about 7 or 8 years ago where we had a long conversation with the Maitre d’ there, John Davey. A restaurant veteran, he’d been hired by Brett Graham in a consulting role to train and manage the young staff and show them the ropes and his calm reassuring presence meant everything was seamless. That’s what Toutain needs (calming down over the pans wouldn’t hurt either). I’d read previously that there were service issues here but they were worse than I imagined. Its a shame because when the food clicks, its pretty amazing.

Haha different experiences I suppose. I guess at that level nothing is “bad” just what clicked on a day or not.
I had lunch at p53 and toutain on back to back days. I didn’t think it was even close. Toutain was good but passage53 was excellent.

L’astrance lunch the day after was also exceptional.