Hiking In The Redwoods

We will be staying outside of Healdsburg in a couple months. Any recommendation for nearby parks, etc. to see the redwoods and do some short hikes?

Do Armstrong State Natural Reserve in Guerneville. Its incredible! The forest floor can be quite cold so bring warm gear for sure. After walking the forest floor there is a steep windy drive near the back parking lot all the way to the top of the mountain with views that are not to be missed.

Of course after all that hiking you’ll want to take the scenic drive down highway 1 to Hog Island Oyster Co. in Bodega Bay. If you do decide to do this then make sure to pack some stems, a couple bottles, and other food that you’ll want as they only have oysters and mignonette.

That sounds awesome. Thank you very much. I saw that Armstrong was close by.

Also, if you happen to be driving north from the bay area and going through Sonoma at all I highly recommend Jack London State Park. Stop by the Fremont Diner beforehand for breakfast or lunch as well on the way through Sonoma. Love that place.

While I still remember, If you want a sandwich to take with you on the hike at Armstrong there’s a place in Healdsburg called Summer’s Market and Deli that had pretty good sandwiches on this incredible bread call a Dutch Crunch Roll. Now that’s some addictive s*%t

I absolutely will not miss that!!!

Dutch Crunch (or Tiger bread in England) can be found throughout the Bay Area (not just Summer’s Market).

Here is an old story for background: Dining Out

Try to drive down and hike in Marin Headlands and then head to Muir Woods (which now requires reservations).

Cheers.