Papua New Guinea

Anyone been there? Toying with the idea of visiting.

No. But if i did go I’d be all about sampling the local coffees.

Father in law went there a lot on business. Couldn’t imagine going there without being paid the huge sums he was to make it worthwhile…

I’m curious as to what are you interested in there? It seems to be very niche tourism for PNG, i.e. surfing, primitive trekking, visiting the villages to see the culture. And none of which will be easy to experience except probably the surfing.

Borneo (Sabah and Sarawak) was great. Not New Guinea but if you are going to see shrunken heads, it will fit the bill.

We loved it. Good infrastructure for that part of the world.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/112708/brit-and-girlfriend-kidnapped-stripped-beaten-and-tortured-by-jungle-tribe/

It’s not exactly Disneyland!!! [help.gif]

Been to Borneo. Dive operators on the Great Barrier Reef say PNG is better. Primitive trekking appeals to me. I recently met someone who just there for work and said it was beautiful.

I have a visitor arriving this weekend who spent ~ 20 years doing fieldwork (biology/ecology) in PNG (mostly in remote parts of Eastern Highlands Province, but surveys all over). If you have questions, I’d be happy to ask for you.

They have tons of big earthquakes. :wink:
Capture+_2018-03-30-16-50-41.png

Wouldn’t that diving be on a live aboard?