Help w/ Montpellier France and the beaches ...

In the early 80’s, my wife and I did a 4 month bike tour of France which was the trip that bonded us together for close to 40 yrs. We have decided to go visit some of the areas we biked through and see what we missed while pedaling.

Montpellier and the beaches seems to be an interesting and financially accessible to use as a home base for a 14 day vacation.

Do any of you have any suggestions for this region (including wineries, restaurants, beaches,etc).

Thanks in advance.

A high school friend of mine (she’s 69) and her hubby are currently in Montpellier, which they’re using as a bicycling tour base (she’s a devoted–one might say fanatical–cycler) and as a place for language lessons, etc. I believe they’re in an apartment not far from the market that’s under the aqueduct. She’s quite a fan of Montpellier, having been there a couple of times before. I can testify that it’s quite an agreeable city, but haven’t used it as a base for oenotourism on any of my visits. If you like, I can try to dig out the names of the restaurants we went to–they were nice but, I’m confident, not the city’s best dining spots, by any means. Don’t know if this helps.

Thanks so much R. I would love to see your list . You can pm it to me if you like or post it here.

Geoff, the three places we ate were Le Petit Jardin, Esprit Vin and Pizzeria du Palais. We were quite pleased with each of them.
I’ll PM you some additional info that possibly may prove useful.