Dublin hotel recommendations?

Anyone have any hotel recommendations in Dublin? Traveling with another couple, and neither of us have been there before. My ideal is something that’s reasonably located and walkable for people trying to see city highlights, and more towards the quiet side. Character is a positive. If it can be done for <$300ish/night/couple all the better.

It’s a surprise for one member of the other couple that we’re even going to be there, so pulling off a larger multi-bedroom Airbnb or something of the sort might be tough.

Last August stayed at the Gibson before heading to Limerick.

On the way back stayed at the Shelbourne. More centrally located to the City Center.
Marriott property old fashioned an more luxurious than the Gibson.

The Merrion and The Westbury are the best in Dublin, you will have trouble staying under $300 per night per room though.

I stayed at the Temple Bar Inn last year. It’s a great location, but was loud at night since it’s on a street with all the bars. They may have rooms that face away from the main street so it may be quieter.

When I was in town last fall we stayed at the Morrison Hotel and were happy with its proximity to town. Rate wasn’t outrageous and the amenities were fine considering we spent very little time in the hotel itself.

If you don’t mind being a pleasant enough ~ 30 min walk from the centre (buses/trams available), then the Camden court was great value when I stayed there for work. It might be half that budget. There are great evening food options locally, and it does present you something a little quieter. I believe privately owned, and it’s got some character (more than the Hilton / Hampton by Hilton).

That said, might be worth exploring the ‘boutique hotel’ scene and see what’s around.

Thanks everyone - this gives me some good options.